Roomy Rocket
By BigMan on
2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)
I am 6'5" and did not fit in 90% of the vehicles I tested. If you have similar issues, check this car out. I fit like a glove. The adjustable pedals and seat make it a perfect fit. I bought this car certified used and am quite please after 1500 miles. I never considered an SUV until a test drive and I was hooked. The transmission shifts smoothly and it will go on command at any speed. It is dangerously fast. The speed and feel on any road conditions makes the fun to drive index off the charts. You almost have to be careful. I don't find the interior cheap looking as others have suggested. The MPG ratings are BS. I have averaged about 15 MPG in mixed driving. I don't pass many gas stations.
Favorite Features
The leg and head room. The power of the V8 engine, Bose stereo, and smooth shifting transmission. The fun to drive index is off the charts.
Suggested Improvements
The steering wheel should telescope. Chrome wheels would be nice. It should get better gas mileage or have a larger gas tank. From my experience, the real MPG ratings are about 12 MPG city/18 MPG highway. I would prefer th have heater/AC controls on steering wheel instead of OnStar which I do not use.