2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: it wil just no go

2004 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

it wil just no go
By jimm222 on

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was doing my wife a favor, she drove 3 different Ford Explorer Sports for about 12 years. I told her I wanted to get her a different car and showed her a 2004 SRX. Well it was love at first sight, nice car all loaded up, we bought it. Well it does not, always, like to start when it is warm. She has been stranded several times and needed rescued. When it does this it will not turn over, will not shut down the electrical system and holds on to the key. I took it to my brother, a service director at Mercedes, and he sent me to a GM guy. The GM guy worried about it for several days and found some advice on the internet, he removed the 7.5amp fuse for the security system.

The car them worked perfectly for several month. Then it happened again at a time when we needed to depend on this car. My GM guy suggested I have it towed to Cadillac. They had it several days and replaced the ECM module for $967.00 plus the tow. We picked it up on a Monday and Tuesday it would not start. It turned out the dealer needed to program my key, also. So I guess I should be happy but I am pretty disappointed, I have always driven GM's several of them over 200,000 miles and I expected more from a Cadillac. I think after we use this car for a while, if it continues to work, I am going to have to buy her another Explorer.

Through out this ordeal I have talked with the dealer many times and also Cadillac. From the dealer I got a bill fro $967.02 and from Cadillac I got a case number. I have stapled them together just so I will not forget how happy I am with Cadillac.