Great Fun - Tons of Room
By MP on
2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I have been lucky enough to have an SRX for the past 2 years. I have 4 children, so my choice for a vehicle is limited by the "seats=6" factor. I have a Chrysler Town & Country that's great for a minivan, but completely not fun. I spend over 4 hours a day in the SRX and it is fantastic. It has become difficult for me to get comfortable in other vehicles. For a V6, it does everything I ask it to do quickly and quietly. A yound woman co- worker who was riding in the car actually burst out with a "NICE!" during heavy on-ramp acceleration. The AWD is great as it makes the rear slide a tiny bit in cornering so there is no understeer. Test drive one and you'll never buy a Toyota!
Favorite Features
The sunroof feels almost like a convertible (like the old T-Tops). The seats are fantastic. I have people who prefer the second-row because of how much room it has and how there is no dashboard in the way (I'm 6'4" so my seat is all the way back, too). I love the 2nd row DVD especially the IR headsets (needs monitor for the 3rd row).
Suggested Improvements
It absolutely needs a POWER lift-gate. The floor mats move around (one of those hooks to hold them in place would be great). I'd prefer the roof rails to be hidden when not in use, like the with the VW Touareg. Goofy: I spend $44,000 on the car, and they want to charge me $95 for mud flaps, and $149 for the roof cross-beams.