2004 Cadillac SRX 4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Dream Car

2004 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

V8 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Dream Car
By John Nelson on

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this 2004 SRX for almost one year. It's the best car I've ever had. The power is dangerously seductive. The comfort for a big guy can't be beat - seriously. So many other SUV driver areas are just too small for me. The SRX's flat-top doors keep the elbows snugly secure from sliding down, as opposed to so many other SUVs' rounded door tops. I'm able to drive home large purchases with ease (eg, furniture) yet have a smooth (car chassis), safe, elevated ride without any scraping in San Francisco's hilly terrain. The AWD is great for traction. It's QUIET! The huge sunroof makes it a safe, virtual convertible. It has so many amenities, I can't understand why this isn't the top-rated SUV

Favorite Features

The comfort, quietness, amenities, extra large sunroof, roominess, power, AWD, height (to avoid scraping & make getting packages in & out easier), the console is turned toward the driver (ingenious), steering-wheel controls, flat door top for elbow, automatic EVERYTHING - incl tire pressure alerts!

Suggested Improvements

It is a bit tight/rough going over speed bumps (unnatural to the technology?). The ttailgate lift is remote now on the newer SRXs - yeah. It needs a telescopic steering wheel. The driver's side-view mirror should lower toward the ground in reverse as the passenger's mirror does. Otherwise, it's the best!