Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Not the Best in the World
By ATICO

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

All four tires on my 2004 Cadillac SRX, Goodyear Eagles, cupped within the first 5,000 miles. They made horrible noise. I could not get anyone to listen to me until the car had 24,000 miles on it and rode and sounded like a Sherman Tank. The battery had to be replaced. I also had the tire monitor repaired three times and the door seal reaplaced.

Favorite Features

The exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the tires and provide much more noise insulation.

Excellent road car!
By William Rahner

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car! Despite negative reliability ratings from Consumer Reports, the only maintenance issue I've had was the collapse of the two front shock absorbers, which the dealer immediately corrected. The vehicle has a wonderful ride and great handling characteristics, especially on the highway. It's quiet and comfortable, and the seats are firm and very supportive. My wife, who is not easily impressed with domestic makes, really loves it. It's been great on road trips, averaging 24 MPG on the highway. The Northstar V8, is considerably more thirsty I'm told, but I don't miss the horsepower...the V6 is quite responsive. I recommend the car without reservation.

Favorite Features

The ride, handling, front seats, and versatility.

Suggested Improvements

The digital display and controls are confusing....don't try to set or adjust anything while driving.

Two Rears Driving the Cadillac SRX
By Anderson

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a great open road vehicle. It gets 26 MPG on long trips. Its city gas mileage is not so good though at around 16 MPG. This truck is fun to drive, has great power for a V6, and has excellent styling. Its negatives are the unconfortable back seat (too stiff and upright), the V6 is noisy when accelerating, the information center controls are difficult to operate, the very wide door sills makes graceful entry difficult for women and puts dirt on men's slack bottoms, there is no adjustment for the shoulder belt height (where it contacts the neck), and no power opener for the rear hatch. Also, mine has some door rattles at 35,000 miles. I would still buy/lease another SRX, but with a V8.

Favorite Features

The responsive handling, very tight turning radius, aggressive body design, and comfortable front seats. I also like how the SRX's ride is smooth for a cross-over vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Change the door sill design, simplify the information center controls, improve the back seats, provide better insulation for the noisy V6 engine.

The Best Yet
By c bowie

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a Cadillac CTS, I decided to upgrade to an SRX. It is the best all around vehicle that I have seen for comfort ,style and performance.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature, that's hard to say because it's all good, but the handling and Magna ride are outstanding. The Navigation system is awesome, too.

Great Fun - Tons of Room
By MP

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been lucky enough to have an SRX for the past 2 years. I have 4 children, so my choice for a vehicle is limited by the "seats=6" factor. I have a Chrysler Town & Country that's great for a minivan, but completely not fun. I spend over 4 hours a day in the SRX and it is fantastic. It has become difficult for me to get comfortable in other vehicles. For a V6, it does everything I ask it to do quickly and quietly. A yound woman co- worker who was riding in the car actually burst out with a "NICE!" during heavy on-ramp acceleration. The AWD is great as it makes the rear slide a tiny bit in cornering so there is no understeer. Test drive one and you'll never buy a Toyota!

Favorite Features

The sunroof feels almost like a convertible (like the old T-Tops). The seats are fantastic. I have people who prefer the second-row because of how much room it has and how there is no dashboard in the way (I'm 6'4" so my seat is all the way back, too). I love the 2nd row DVD especially the IR headsets (needs monitor for the 3rd row).

Suggested Improvements

It absolutely needs a POWER lift-gate. The floor mats move around (one of those hooks to hold them in place would be great). I'd prefer the roof rails to be hidden when not in use, like the with the VW Touareg. Goofy: I spend $44,000 on the car, and they want to charge me $95 for mud flaps, and $149 for the roof cross-beams.