Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

First Time Domestic Buyer / Would Do Again
By cochtera

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have always owned imports, but I have become a believer in Cadillac. We bought a pre-owned '04 SRX V8 with every available option. It has great space and incredible performance. It is as fun to drive as our Volvo V70 wagon. I highly recommend it!

The sports car-like performance, great brakes, adjustable foot pedals, and panoramic sunroof.

The navigation system is not the best. The reverse radar lighting system could be improved with audio warnings, not just warning lights in the back.

Not the Best in the World
By ATICO

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

All four tires on my 2004 Cadillac SRX, Goodyear Eagles, cupped within the first 5,000 miles. They made horrible noise. I could not get anyone to listen to me until the car had 24,000 miles on it and rode and sounded like a Sherman Tank. The battery had to be replaced. I also had the tire monitor repaired three times and the door seal reaplaced.

The exterior design.

Upgrade the tires and provide much more noise insulation.

Excellent road car!
By William Rahner

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car! Despite negative reliability ratings from Consumer Reports, the only maintenance issue I've had was the collapse of the two front shock absorbers, which the dealer immediately corrected. The vehicle has a wonderful ride and great handling characteristics, especially on the highway. It's quiet and comfortable, and the seats are firm and very supportive. My wife, who is not easily impressed with domestic makes, really loves it. It's been great on road trips, averaging 24 MPG on the highway. The Northstar V8, is considerably more thirsty I'm told, but I don't miss the horsepower...the V6 is quite responsive. I recommend the car without reservation.

The ride, handling, front seats, and versatility.

The digital display and controls are confusing....don't try to set or adjust anything while driving.

Two Rears Driving the Cadillac SRX
By Anderson

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a great open road vehicle. It gets 26 MPG on long trips. Its city gas mileage is not so good though at around 16 MPG. This truck is fun to drive, has great power for a V6, and has excellent styling. Its negatives are the unconfortable back seat (too stiff and upright), the V6 is noisy when accelerating, the information center controls are difficult to operate, the very wide door sills makes graceful entry difficult for women and puts dirt on men's slack bottoms, there is no adjustment for the shoulder belt height (where it contacts the neck), and no power opener for the rear hatch. Also, mine has some door rattles at 35,000 miles. I would still buy/lease another SRX, but with a V8.

The responsive handling, very tight turning radius, aggressive body design, and comfortable front seats. I also like how the SRX's ride is smooth for a cross-over vehicle.

Change the door sill design, simplify the information center controls, improve the back seats, provide better insulation for the noisy V6 engine.

The Best Yet
By c bowie

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a Cadillac CTS, I decided to upgrade to an SRX. It is the best all around vehicle that I have seen for comfort ,style and performance.

My favorite feature, that's hard to say because it's all good, but the handling and Magna ride are outstanding. The Navigation system is awesome, too.