Used 2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Used 2004 SRX Experience
By Scott Greene

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the sound of the Northstar growl during acceleration and its excellent handling. Kids really enjoy the Sky Roof and so do I.

AWD, Northstar, Stabilitrac and Traction Control.

Better Reliability, in the 12 months I have owned this car it has been in the shop bi-monthly. More comfortable Driver's Seat my left leg doesn't seam to have enough room.

I really wanted to love this car, but...
By bob

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Something is always broken. Driveline vibration required axle rebuild. Numerous suspension repairs, particularly front. Replaced the radio 2x. Brake pads last 12,000 miles max. Towed when electric failed due to bad dealer repair. Front fenders crease from mild front impact (small subtle bend in middle of tire well). Don't buy this car if you have children. Seatbelts don't work well with child seats because buckles are too large - can't get the seat tight. Not designed for childseat in safest position in middle rear, just outside positions. And can you believe the 2wd version tipped up in us govt rollover testing. Somehow GM avoided the test for the first 4 years of production.

Handling. Brakes. Front seats. Radio/guidance system controls. Design.

Safety - child seat fit, rollover tests, front crash test results. Driving range on a tank of gas. Reliability. And please add body-side molding.

It's no Lexus
By Gearhead

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive lots of power from the V8 AWD works great in the snow the ride is firm but not to firm, good leg room front and back except for the third row seat kids only 9yrs. and under. Too much cheap looking plastic on the interior and poor gas mileage 12mpg city 16-17 mpg hwy. Noisy engine

V8 power , AWD, seating, fun to drive, navigation

Quiet the motor down, get better mpg, use a better grade of plastic. Improve the sound system. It's no Lexus

Used SRX
By Rollie J

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We were going to purchase a new HHR but the local dealer was less than helpful so I saw this SRX advertised and it was about the same price as the Chevy. My wife fell in love with it and it is one of the most solid cars that I have owned. Very quiet and smooth on the highway, but also responsive around town. We couldn't be more pleased with the car.

It is very solid to drive. No rattles or squeaks [it has 49k on it] and everything works like new. Love the presets for drivers 1 and 2. My wife is 5'2" and I am 5' 10". It is nice to use my remote or key and have the seat where I don't crack my knee getting in the car.

Leave out the center headrest on the middle seats as it blocks rear vision. I have left mine in the garage.

SRX Smokes
By DavisFamily

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great car to drive. Drive both the V8 and V6...big diff. with the 8 in performance, little diff. in fuel economy. Tight suspension, similar feel to the Acura we traded. I would highly recommend.

Performance, premium sound

Easier to use sound system