2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Best Cadillac Ever Made
By Karl on 06/27/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th new Cadillac. This car is by far the most fun and pleasent car to drive I have ever owned. I enjoy long trips in it. Everywhere I go people stop and look.

Best in Class
By Bill on 05/03/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing the SRX, Acura MDX, Lexus RX 330 and Volvo XC90, we chose the SRX. The interior comfort, ride and handling are outstanding. The second row is the most comfortable available. The engine and drivetrain are outstanding. The Luxury package with it multiple memory personalization settings is great. The Ultraview sunroof is the only way to go. The third row is small but our kids don't mind.

Nothing but problems
By krob on 02/01/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I loved this car when I bought it, but very shortly after came to hate it. Door well width too wide. Has 8400 miles and has been in shop for 41 days. 4 times for oil leak, 2 times for part of engine cylinders not running, currently has a loud noise in front struts and vibrates through front floor. Terrible gas mileage - 11 mpg in city. Seats aren't very comfortable on long trips.

Outstanding fun Ride
By Peter Barnett on 01/05/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding fun ride that has a high performance ride and feel. Very sporty and fast.

Fun with Problems
By JPFCO on 01/01/05 11:57 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a good fit for our family of four. It handles and performs well, but the 4-wheel drive is a bit noisy. I had purchased this SRX for the 3rd row seat, performance, safety and driving comfort. My vehicle has had numerous problems. The most significant failure was with the power steering, but the most anoying problems are the numerous electrical issues that includes frequent cases of the battery being dead, 4 to date. Out of 5 months, my SRX has been in the shop about 20 days. Cadillac parts distribution and supply for our area is inadequate. The dealer has had to strip other SRXs for parts.

SRX V6 BY LEAHY
By ROBERT T. LEAHY on 12/22/04 04:02 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

THIS SRX HANDLES LIKE A FINE CAR,BUT IS HIGH ENOUGH ABOVE TRAFFIC TO ENABLE DEFENSIVE DRIVING,WHICH IS IMPORTANT IN FLORIDA. THE V6 IS RESPONSIVE AND THE BRAKING IS SECOND TO NONE. I RECEIVE COMPLIMENTS ABOUT THE GOOD LOOKS OF THIS DARK BLUE BEAUTY ON A DAILY BASIS.

Sweet ride
By Wizzard on 12/17/04 18:40 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

just bought my first cadillac (srx) earlier this week and i love it, so far the ride is awesome, i'm a pretty big guy at 6'3" and two hundred something pounds (ok...closer to three hundred than two hundred but anyway)and i feel comfortable in it, and i just love it.....

SRX Pleasant Surprise
By SRX guy on 11/23/04 16:58 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Job change so I lost a company minivan (we have enjoyed a company car for 15 years) so it takes some getting used forking over $35,000. You do not appreciate the perk until it is gone! We drove all the minivans (some more than once) and decided to give the SRX a spin based on Edmunds readers making it a 'consumer's most wanted'. We are glad we did! More comfortable and stylish and way more fun to drive (I drove a 2005 Cadillac STS recently and when I climbed back into my SRX, I was just as comfortable and sitting higher in the saddle to boot). Lots of power, comfort and a cool TV/DVD player added as an aftermarket make long trips fun for the kids.

Wife and I fight to drive!!!
By DJ Mac on 11/15/04 17:55 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The dealer experience was exceptional! It is a perfect fit for us, most 2 row vehicels to small, full size SUV to big and low mpg.

Great car!!! But it's a GM
By JCEMMA on 11/11/04 17:44 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Car/SUV is a beautiful vehicle. Handles well, for the normal driver, not a test driver. Very roomy in the back, I fit a 250 pound person in the second row comfortably. About the only concern is it seems shifty, as if it catches somewhere in the transmission when pushing the gas pedal from a complete stop or it seems to switch gears at low speeds fairly rough. Will take it in though, has two recall, ABS and some front hooks, but otherwise, this SUV that seems more like a car is beautiful