2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By Joe on 02/08/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. It has had too many problems to list, but they include the audio computer programed for a CTS, the wrong seat installed, water leaks, power window failures, etc. I can't believe Cadillac put it's name on this car. Too bad because I love the looks both inside and out. It's comfortable on the highway and very pleasant to drive anywhere. It could have better gas mileage, though. It's the right size and has good storage capacity. I've had lots of people admire it and ask how I like it. Too bad I have to tell them what a lemon it is.

Roomy Rocket
By BigMan on 02/05/07 05:12 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am 6'5" and did not fit in 90% of the vehicles I tested. If you have similar issues, check this car out. I fit like a glove. The adjustable pedals and seat make it a perfect fit. I bought this car certified used and am quite please after 1500 miles. I never considered an SUV until a test drive and I was hooked. The transmission shifts smoothly and it will go on command at any speed. It is dangerously fast. The speed and feel on any road conditions makes the fun to drive index off the charts. You almost have to be careful. I don't find the interior cheap looking as others have suggested. The MPG ratings are BS. I have averaged about 15 MPG in mixed driving. I don't pass many gas stations.

Caddy Rating
By brunise k. warren on 12/25/06 10:41 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is an excellent buy and the only thing I would change is the wheel selection that comes with the vehicle. The 20 inch rims should come standard with this vehicle.

Dream Car
By John Nelson on 12/11/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had this 2004 SRX for almost one year. It's the best car I've ever had. The power is dangerously seductive. The comfort for a big guy can't be beat - seriously. So many other SUV driver areas are just too small for me. The SRX's flat-top doors keep the elbows snugly secure from sliding down, as opposed to so many other SUVs' rounded door tops. I'm able to drive home large purchases with ease (eg, furniture) yet have a smooth (car chassis), safe, elevated ride without any scraping in San Francisco's hilly terrain. The AWD is great for traction. It's QUIET! The huge sunroof makes it a safe, virtual convertible. It has so many amenities, I can't understand why this isn't the top-rated SUV

First Time Domestic Buyer / Would Do Again
By cochtera on 08/24/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have always owned imports, but I have become a believer in Cadillac. We bought a pre-owned '04 SRX V8 with every available option. It has great space and incredible performance. It is as fun to drive as our Volvo V70 wagon. I highly recommend it!

Not the Best in the World
By ATICO on 08/21/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

All four tires on my 2004 Cadillac SRX, Goodyear Eagles, cupped within the first 5,000 miles. They made horrible noise. I could not get anyone to listen to me until the car had 24,000 miles on it and rode and sounded like a Sherman Tank. The battery had to be replaced. I also had the tire monitor repaired three times and the door seal reaplaced.

Excellent road car!
By William Rahner on 07/24/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car! Despite negative reliability ratings from Consumer Reports, the only maintenance issue I've had was the collapse of the two front shock absorbers, which the dealer immediately corrected. The vehicle has a wonderful ride and great handling characteristics, especially on the highway. It's quiet and comfortable, and the seats are firm and very supportive. My wife, who is not easily impressed with domestic makes, really loves it. It's been great on road trips, averaging 24 MPG on the highway. The Northstar V8, is considerably more thirsty I'm told, but I don't miss the horsepower...the V6 is quite responsive. I recommend the car without reservation.

Two Rears Driving the Cadillac SRX
By Anderson on 07/24/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a great open road vehicle. It gets 26 MPG on long trips. Its city gas mileage is not so good though at around 16 MPG. This truck is fun to drive, has great power for a V6, and has excellent styling. Its negatives are the unconfortable back seat (too stiff and upright), the V6 is noisy when accelerating, the information center controls are difficult to operate, the very wide door sills makes graceful entry difficult for women and puts dirt on men's slack bottoms, there is no adjustment for the shoulder belt height (where it contacts the neck), and no power opener for the rear hatch. Also, mine has some door rattles at 35,000 miles. I would still buy/lease another SRX, but with a V8.

The Best Yet
By c bowie on 07/04/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a Cadillac CTS, I decided to upgrade to an SRX. It is the best all around vehicle that I have seen for comfort ,style and performance.

Great Fun - Tons of Room
By MP on 05/31/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been lucky enough to have an SRX for the past 2 years. I have 4 children, so my choice for a vehicle is limited by the "seats=6" factor. I have a Chrysler Town & Country that's great for a minivan, but completely not fun. I spend over 4 hours a day in the SRX and it is fantastic. It has become difficult for me to get comfortable in other vehicles. For a V6, it does everything I ask it to do quickly and quietly. A yound woman co- worker who was riding in the car actually burst out with a "NICE!" during heavy on-ramp acceleration. The AWD is great as it makes the rear slide a tiny bit in cornering so there is no understeer. Test drive one and you'll never buy a Toyota!