2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
My SRX
By jra5543 on 05/24/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have not been pleased with this Cadillac. I had never owned a General Motors product and I can truthfully this will be the last one. Compared to the 8 Fords I have owned (and driven over 100K each) there is no comparison to GM. I will be going back to Ford. The transmission is extremely rough shifting at lower speeds - normal says the dealer. It uses a QT of oil every 1000 miles - no leaks says the dealer. The check engine light goes off and on but the dealer can't find out why. The air pressure senors on the rear tell me both tires are flat after one hour on the road - not even going to ask the dealer to try to fix that.

SRX
By Diane Kirk on 05/13/08 21:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I truly enjoy the luxury and the smooth ride that this car provides. It is very comfortable and easy to handle. The only problem would be the gas mileage but in this day and time I'm sure none of us are excited about gas prices.

There YOU go, Euro car?
By Phil on 05/07/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

40k miles. Panoramic roof is why I bought it, & like best. Have a Benz & a BMW. Foreign car snobs diss the handling. I prefer it over the Benz, & it's different, but about equal in fun to the Beamer, but with better leg room up front. This car is what the family picks to ride. Stereo is great. Ride & handling surprisingly good. Dead Quiet at 70MPH Electronic controls in ice / snow best of the luxury cars. Hard to make it do something bad when teaching kids to drive on ice. Mine doesn't rattle. Wood steering wheel & heated seats are nice. Doors solid, stay solid. Dash appearance & vinyl visors cheesy compared to seats Service has been excellent. Looking for an 08 right now.

4 month review:
By Lefty7 on 04/11/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

After leasing a 99 Eldo, I leased an '02 Subaru Outback Legacy (LL Bean edition). Both vehicles were upscale for their class and had many great features. I looked for a quality used vehicle as I wanted to get away from premium fuel. I traded in my used '96 Seville which finally had too many miles for the SRX which runs on regular. Would have been a smart fuel move except for the poor mileage I am getting and rising fuel prices. Otherwise, I am very satisfied with this vehicle's handling and ride. I purchased used as I am getting ready to retire and don't want big payments, but I miss the comfort of the Eldo (wish they still made them) and don't want a new vehicle with cheap seating.

Used 2004 SRX Experience
By Scott Greene on 03/16/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the sound of the Northstar growl during acceleration and its excellent handling. Kids really enjoy the Sky Roof and so do I.

I really wanted to love this car, but...
By bob on 03/12/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Something is always broken. Driveline vibration required axle rebuild. Numerous suspension repairs, particularly front. Replaced the radio 2x. Brake pads last 12,000 miles max. Towed when electric failed due to bad dealer repair. Front fenders crease from mild front impact (small subtle bend in middle of tire well). Don't buy this car if you have children. Seatbelts don't work well with child seats because buckles are too large - can't get the seat tight. Not designed for childseat in safest position in middle rear, just outside positions. And can you believe the 2wd version tipped up in us govt rollover testing. Somehow GM avoided the test for the first 4 years of production.

It's no Lexus
By Gearhead on 11/28/07 08:11 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive lots of power from the V8 AWD works great in the snow the ride is firm but not to firm, good leg room front and back except for the third row seat kids only 9yrs. and under. Too much cheap looking plastic on the interior and poor gas mileage 12mpg city 16-17 mpg hwy. Noisy engine

Used SRX
By Rollie J on 10/15/07 19:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We were going to purchase a new HHR but the local dealer was less than helpful so I saw this SRX advertised and it was about the same price as the Chevy. My wife fell in love with it and it is one of the most solid cars that I have owned. Very quiet and smooth on the highway, but also responsive around town. We couldn't be more pleased with the car.

SRX Smokes
By DavisFamily on 05/21/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great car to drive. Drive both the V8 and V6...big diff. with the 8 in performance, little diff. in fuel economy. Tight suspension, similar feel to the Acura we traded. I would highly recommend.

Big Piece of Junk
By earle on 02/22/07 15:48 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This was the worse vehicle that we have ever purchased. During the time that we owned this SUV, it was in the shop for repairs constantly. Unfortunately, after this experience, we will never purchase another GM car. We just purchased a new Lexus RX400h and love it. There is a huge difference in quality and it is worth the difference in price.