Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 199 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

What a piece of
By rick

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has stranded us on the side of the road 5 times in 3 years. The same symptoms but dealer always says it's a different sensor. Got Cad corp involved and they tell me that with such high millage (73k) it's bound to happen. I have had to even change the steering col due to failure. Even had NHSTA recalls but they said it doesn't apply to my vin. This is the worst car I have ever owned except my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 40 years ago. do not trust Moore Cad or cad corp.

My wife begged for this one. Boy is she sorry she didn't take my advice and get the Lexus.

buy infinity or lexus or ford or honda or anything else.

I tried to love it...
By Julie

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first saw this car, I immediately fell in love with the design. The sunroof is amazing, the shape of the car and body style is beautiful... but that's where it ended for me! I have only owned this car for 6 months, but it has been in the shop over 10 times for various expensive repairs... new cat converters, new air ride suspension, 2 new power steering columns, various wiring issues, new spark plugs and coils... it has cost us thousands in repairs, not to mention the hassle of dropping it off at the shop approx every 2-3 weeks! This is definitely not the quiality a cadillac should be!

The car looks good!

Improve absolutely everything except the appearance... I can't even trade this thing in because the check engine light comes on every few days and there goes more money!

Outstanding All-Around Family Vehicle
By Leonard

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little concerned about buying a used SRX, having read about many owners' negative experiences. However, after driving this car once I knew it would be ours. This is a spacious and comfortable SUV-wagon-crossover- whatever but it drives like a sport sedan! I'm a big guy that is used to driving a new full-sized Chevy pickup, but the SRX fits me like a glove. After putting a few thousand miles on the car and a couple long rides hauling both people and cargo, I have to admit there isn't much more I could ask for. The V6 is surprisingly powerful, quick-revving, and can deliver decent MPG if you behave yourself. For a used AWD luxury vehicle, this was an amazing value.

AWD, Powerful V6, Sports car handling, Comfortable front and 2nd row seats, Lots of cargo room, Beautiful exterior styling, Huge sunroof

3rd row seat is an absolute waste of space unless you have very small children; I removed ours and put down a carpeted cargo mat (did not have the power fold-flat seat).

An Example why GM needs bailout money
By Marco Man

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After my wife totalled our 2002 Mitsubishi Montero (which she drove for 7 years without 1 issue) we decided to buy the SRX. Why? It ONLY had 52k miles on it, and it had a 6 year 100k warranty. So here is where the fun begins (not really). 1st week, both rear windows stopped working, rear seats ratted, engine light came on, outside mirrors stopped working and engine was making weird noise. Luckily it was all covered under warranty. In the end, 11 parts were replaced INCLUDING 2 timing chains. Remember this car had only 52k miles on it and was certified pre owned. In the end, seats still rattle, and outside mirrors still dont quite work right. COME ON GM, make a car like the Japanese.

Wanted to also say, this our first American car we have owned since the early 90's and we will probably sell it soon due to poor mileage and reliability. Drives nice, looks good, Bose system

Gas mileage (currently getting 15) fit and finish, fix rattling, use better parts. Now I see why GM needs govt money. I hate to say it, but they should be out of business because they build such bad cars. Dont get me started on the Potiac Grand Am they gave me as a loaner for 4 days.

Great used car for the $$$
By SeminoleCadi

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

AWD transmission could be smoother. Has some interior noises at 48k miles. Bose system is grreat!

Bose Audio, V8, AWD.

Refined transmission, xenon headlights.