Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Happy with my choice
By fergi1751

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I have been very happy with my SRX. I love the handling. My kids and I really love the ultraview sunroof. The dvd player in between the seats is actually more kid-friendly in my opinion, than those roof screens. One complaint would be with opening the hatchback type back door. It is fairly heavy for me (a woman.)I feel like I really have to give it a good pull to unlatch it. It would have been nice to have a remote control door opener that "pops" it open. An interior driver side button to "pop" the back door would be nice also; something similiar to a trunk release type feature.

exterior design ultraview sunroof dvd player/navigation system driver seat memory for 2 people

rear door release button either inside or by remote

2004 SRX V8 AWD
By M. O'Rourke

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for 1 month and find the performance all they promised and more. V8 power,handling etc. are all top notch. Seats, interior trim and materials are not bad but a few notches down from BMW. The entire package lacks the refinement of the European counterparts but Cadillac is learning. Ultraview is great but the sun screen shutters wildly at even 40 mph. The high belt line gets some getting used to. You kind of feel like you are in the bottom of a bucket and the sharp angled front door shape can be dangerous, my wife ran into it the first time she tried to get into the driver's seat. Just looking at the car now gives her a headache.

V8 performance, XM radio, Handling, Acceleration. Uniqueness of the ultra view sun roof, bright wheels. The buying experience which says alot about how far Cadillac has come.

The lumber support range is limited and the sytem feels cheap. Interior materials like carpet, door panels etc. are not up to the competition. The ultraview sun screen waffles in the wind. The gas tank cap is the cheapest thing I have seen on any car. Vehicle needs chrome wheel option.

Wow
By jaydee

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

While mindful of some of the minor quibbles other reviewers have had about this vehicle, the only one that I can really relate to is the design of the door sill and the interference in stepping out of the vehicle. Other than that this is truly a World Class car. Quality, performance, and workmanship are all outstanding. Cadillac is truly "breaking through." While the price is high, you get what you pay for. While fuel usage is a little high, what do you expect from an AWD 8 cylinder rocket? While the Navigation Display takes a while to get used to it is not as difficult as others would have you believe. GM and Cadillac have hit the mark with this car. WOW

Power, performance, and prestige.

Make it easier to remove and reinstall 3rd row headrests.

Great Dealership, Great SUV
By Jaye51

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Car is fun to drive. My only complaint is that the meaning of the buttons on the steering wheel should be written out as they are on our Buick and I would like to see thje speed shown in the windshield as it is with the Buick. The V6 engine is very rersponsive and has great power. The sun roof is great.

Sun roof, seat memory, third row seats,size is perfect. design is great. I like cars that you do not have to look for the name to know what they are.

Have buttons on steering wheel labled as on the Buick and have speed reflected in wind shield as in Buick. Have button that will open and raise and close rear storage door. It is very big and heavy. Maybe more plush seats.

First American Car
By CaddyConvert

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car - very well thought out - extremely comfortable - nice engine - very workable third row seating and plenty of cargo room. This is our first American car - stuck on Audi S-class - needed an SUV for third row seating and didn't want to cut back too far on performance or luxury. The SRX is as good as you get. Porsche and BMW - what about the third row of seats?

Engine - Ultraview roof - Magnetic Ride COntrol - Nav control and Entertainment System - OnStar - Third Row of Seats

Dashboard is weak and unremarkable - should be rethought, but it is completely functional.