Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Best Caddillac We Have Owned
By Rusty1234

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have driven Cadillac for nearly 30 years and this is quite simply the best one yet.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By JP Darnall

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I fell in love with this car immediately on taking a test drive. The SRX handles more like a sports car than a SUV. It hugs the road and handles tight turns and winding roads superbly. At the same time it is extremely comfortable and quiet. Positively the best driving experience of any car I have everr owned.

Favorite Features

The clutchless gear shifting system is awsesome...combining the best of both automatic and manual transmission types.

Suggested Improvements

Dual and extended sun visors to provide better coverage of both front and sides simultaneously would be nice.

Great Car
By Sue C.

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my SUV. I have never owned an SUV before but I have driven them and this is by far the smoothest riding auto. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, ease in and out of the vehicle, back up feature.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

SRX needs help
By DTE

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After one week and 1,400 miles, the main computer failed and when I called on-star,it took them two hours to find out the tech on-call didn't have his beeper. They had to page another tech and he responded. The dealership didn't have the part on hand and I had to wait 3 days for a repair although they did provide a loaner. Two weeks later the computer started to reset data on my radio, as well as the onboard computer and they don't know why. I'm certainly not a repeat buyer.

Favorite Features

Third row seating

Suggested Improvements

Provide the ability to use third row seating with a key slot near the rear so you don't have to keep runningtho the front to put a key in the ignition. Fix the blind spot onthe drivers outside rear view mirror when turning left.

Happy with my choice
By fergi1751

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I have been very happy with my SRX. I love the handling. My kids and I really love the ultraview sunroof. The dvd player in between the seats is actually more kid-friendly in my opinion, than those roof screens. One complaint would be with opening the hatchback type back door. It is fairly heavy for me (a woman.)I feel like I really have to give it a good pull to unlatch it. It would have been nice to have a remote control door opener that "pops" it open. An interior driver side button to "pop" the back door would be nice also; something similiar to a trunk release type feature.

Favorite Features

exterior design ultraview sunroof dvd player/navigation system driver seat memory for 2 people

Suggested Improvements

rear door release button either inside or by remote