Used 2004 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

I love my SRX
By Aud

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have waited a long time for Cadillac to come out with a vehicle for "me" and they have made me one happy person. I get in and the car just moves with such ease.

Favorite Features

I love the Bose stereo system,wheel controls, onstar and obviously, the ultra sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything to improve upon as of right now!

Best car I have ever owned
By DenieG

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

SRX has been the most favorite car I've ever owned. Traded a Sedan Deville (high mileage) for a Yukon and put only 21,000 on it before trading back to the Cadillac SRX. The Customer Service is the BEST in the industry. I'm spoiled rotten ! Thanks Crest Cadillac in Birmingham ! I love you guys !

Favorite Features

I added a wood grain kit that was an option on the CRX, but they installed it in this one. It looks great! The other is the Sun roof and the way it handles like a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Better Shocks.......a little rough ride compared to the Sedan or the Yukon on bumpy roads. Also needs better speakers in the back. To be a Bose system, it needs improvement there.

best of the best
By mishal

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

everything car the best suv i bought

New Model Bugs
By emlpal

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

With the Northstar V-8 and 320hp, this is a great performance SUV (built on a car platform, the CTS). As with most new models, there are some bugs: rattles in the retracting roof and passanger door and two small oil leaks which required a week to repair. The engine actually has to be dropped to make the repair. This drove the Cadillac mechanics to distraction. The repairs were completed and all is now well. A fun, convenient vehicle to drive, with outstanding accelleration and handling. The V-8 comes with all the bells and whistles. As one would expect from Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Performance is more than one would expect from a small SUV. The retractable roof (beyond the rear seats) is wonderful, especially here in Southern California.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the quality contril problems with both the roof and oil leak. Other than that, this a a great vehicle.

Fun on the Run
By Jane Mack

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun, fun, fun. I am a Mom and a Realtor, and I get looks of envy from other parents and clients. This vehicle is easy to get in and out of. It has the look of sophistication needed for my clients and the durability of the mini van to take the kids where they need to go. Enough room in the back to keep my golf clubs handy, and storage to keep napkins and such handy for the kids. Yo can pull out in traffic and never have to worry about causing a traffic jam.

Favorite Features

I love my bose stereo system, my third row of seats, and the fact that everyone can't see what movie we are watching. I also love the comments I receive when I pull up at a valet.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the center row was mudular. That we could fold down the middle seat, and the back row would be able to view the DVD. I wish the gas tank was larger. Everything else is perfect.