Used 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

WORST CAR EVER BUILT
By romojondro

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have never owned a car with more problems than this. At 80k miles with a clean title this car started to fall apart. It leaked water in the passenger side, would turn off on the free way, had abs issues, needed a new starter, blown shocks, two bad headlights, water pump fell out of the car, veered off in directions it felt like at high speed, had electrical problems galore, cd player malfunctioned constantly. Dashboard cracked, defective airbags and over all a commuters nightmare/ death trap.

NOTHING, except the AWD and V8 Power

hahahahaha this car was so bad that I wouldn't drive a Cadillac even if it was given to me for free.

Best Used car I have purchased.
By 2bogey

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a vehicle that I could load with stuff and take off for a long weekend, but still want to drive it daily. I found the perfect comprimise. V-8 Northstar power and all the Cadillac comforts. Sunroof is about as close as a convertable as you can get. The rear DVD is great for my son on those long trips and the heated seats are heaven. Paid just under 14k with 60k miles. This is probably the one that sat on the showroom floor in 2004. Dont get me wrong its not perfect but It fits every need I have as well as the wants. MPGs are around 18 or so but I do drive with a heavy foot since the V-8 makes me smile. Not for everyone but a great car if it fits your needs.

There are so many I dont know where to start but I would go with the HUGE sunroof and the heated seats. My wife would say the dual climate control and my son loves the DVD player.

Vehicle does seem to drive little heavy, But it is a big car and maybe I am just used to a smaller sedan. The MPGs are probably my biggest gripe but its worth the comfort and versitility.

Save your $, this car's a lemon
By annalisef

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2004 SRX has 56,000 miles on it- in the past nine months I had the power steering rack replaced 3 times. There are numerous electrical problems on the car- doors wont stay shut while driving, third row of seats wont go down, battery keeps dying unexpected and I've replaced it. There was battery drainage in two spots- interior lights blew out, constant engine leaks from trans fluid and power steering. In the past two months, it has been in the shop more than I have driven it. The most unreliable car. I will never purchase another Cadillac product. From what I have read, many other people have experienced the same type of problems with this year/make car. Dealing with Cadillac is awful too.

Transfer Case and Head Light Problems
By Charity

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the head light in my Cadillac fixed twice now its time for my inspection and they say I have to pay to get it fixed again. I think its a defect cause the first time I had it fixed at the Cadillac GMC dealership. Also my transfer case is messed up when I take off it makes a thud sound. Anyone know how much it cost to fix a transfer case. Stability system light has been since five months after buying the car.

Body and heated seats.

Recall for headlights.

What a piece of
By rick

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has stranded us on the side of the road 5 times in 3 years. The same symptoms but dealer always says it's a different sensor. Got Cad corp involved and they tell me that with such high millage (73k) it's bound to happen. I have had to even change the steering col due to failure. Even had NHSTA recalls but they said it doesn't apply to my vin. This is the worst car I have ever owned except my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 40 years ago. do not trust Moore Cad or cad corp.

My wife begged for this one. Boy is she sorry she didn't take my advice and get the Lexus.

buy infinity or lexus or ford or honda or anything else.