2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Best Used car I have purchased.
By 2bogey on 08/25/11 14:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a vehicle that I could load with stuff and take off for a long weekend, but still want to drive it daily. I found the perfect comprimise. V-8 Northstar power and all the Cadillac comforts. Sunroof is about as close as a convertable as you can get. The rear DVD is great for my son on those long trips and the heated seats are heaven. Paid just under 14k with 60k miles. This is probably the one that sat on the showroom floor in 2004. Dont get me wrong its not perfect but It fits every need I have as well as the wants. MPGs are around 18 or so but I do drive with a heavy foot since the V-8 makes me smile. Not for everyone but a great car if it fits your needs.

Save your $, this car's a lemon
By annalisef on 07/12/11 10:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2004 SRX has 56,000 miles on it- in the past nine months I had the power steering rack replaced 3 times. There are numerous electrical problems on the car- doors wont stay shut while driving, third row of seats wont go down, battery keeps dying unexpected and I've replaced it. There was battery drainage in two spots- interior lights blew out, constant engine leaks from trans fluid and power steering. In the past two months, it has been in the shop more than I have driven it. The most unreliable car. I will never purchase another Cadillac product. From what I have read, many other people have experienced the same type of problems with this year/make car. Dealing with Cadillac is awful too.

Transfer Case and Head Light Problems
By Charity on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the head light in my Cadillac fixed twice now its time for my inspection and they say I have to pay to get it fixed again. I think its a defect cause the first time I had it fixed at the Cadillac GMC dealership. Also my transfer case is messed up when I take off it makes a thud sound. Anyone know how much it cost to fix a transfer case. Stability system light has been since five months after buying the car.

What a piece of
By rick on 05/04/10 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has stranded us on the side of the road 5 times in 3 years. The same symptoms but dealer always says it's a different sensor. Got Cad corp involved and they tell me that with such high millage (73k) it's bound to happen. I have had to even change the steering col due to failure. Even had NHSTA recalls but they said it doesn't apply to my vin. This is the worst car I have ever owned except my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 40 years ago. do not trust Moore Cad or cad corp.

I tried to love it...
By Julie on 02/11/10 21:50 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first saw this car, I immediately fell in love with the design. The sunroof is amazing, the shape of the car and body style is beautiful... but that's where it ended for me! I have only owned this car for 6 months, but it has been in the shop over 10 times for various expensive repairs... new cat converters, new air ride suspension, 2 new power steering columns, various wiring issues, new spark plugs and coils... it has cost us thousands in repairs, not to mention the hassle of dropping it off at the shop approx every 2-3 weeks! This is definitely not the quiality a cadillac should be!

Great used car for the $$$
By SeminoleCadi on 04/15/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

AWD transmission could be smoother. Has some interior noises at 48k miles. Bose system is grreat!

Last Cadillac for me.
By Skylar10 on 12/29/08 13:45 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have not been pleased with this Cadillac. I had never owned a Cadillac and I can truthfully this will be the last one. The transmission is extremely rough shifting at lower speeds - normal says the dealer. When it is cold -has real trouble shifting from reverse into drive -dealer can never duplicate this problem when I take it in. It uses a QT of oil every 1000 miles - no leaks and this is normal per the dealer . The check engine light goes on and off but the dealer can't find out why. Panaramic sunroof makes lots of noise - dealer can't seem to fix that problem either. Throttle body and fuel pump both had to be replaced at 50k.

Love My SRX
By moveebuff on 10/07/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We went to the Lexus dealership to test drive a RX300 and while they were getting it ready, I spotted the SRX and asked to take it for a test drive because I loved how it looked. Bought it right after the test drive. Just love driving it. I love the versatility of the 3rd row, the sunroof is amazing. Second row is slightly higher (theater seating) which pax really like. Great sound system. The only negative is the paint on the roof rack is peeling. I also had a leak in the jack storage compartment which the Lexus dealership paid to have fixed. I would never buy a brand new SRX because of the cost, but this one was 3 years old and had depreciated to $22k. Looks brand new!

Glad I have a 100k warrenty
By schiz on 06/25/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought The 2004 SRX 13 months ago and it has been in the shop 3 times, 2 for check engine light which ended up being a faulty gas cap, 1 time for a bad wheel bearing and spark plug wire. nothing major. Everything was covered under warranty. We looked at several different cars but Cadillac offers the best pre-owned warranty out there. You can get a very good deal on a 3 year old Cadillac with a new car warranty.

There YOU go, Euro car?
By Phil on 05/07/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

40k miles. Panoramic roof is why I bought it, & like best. Have a Benz & a BMW. Foreign car snobs diss the handling. I prefer it over the Benz, & it's different, but about equal in fun to the Beamer, but with better leg room up front. This car is what the family picks to ride. Stereo is great. Ride & handling surprisingly good. Dead Quiet at 70MPH Electronic controls in ice / snow best of the luxury cars. Hard to make it do something bad when teaching kids to drive on ice. Mine doesn't rattle. Wood steering wheel & heated seats are nice. Doors solid, stay solid. Dash appearance & vinyl visors cheesy compared to seats Service has been excellent. Looking for an 08 right now.