2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
it wil just no go
By jimm222 on 03/31/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was doing my wife a favor, she drove 3 different Ford Explorer Sports for about 12 years. I told her I wanted to get her a different car and showed her a 2004 SRX. Well it was love at first sight, nice car all loaded up, we bought it. Well it does not, always, like to start when it is warm. She has been stranded several times and needed rescued. When it does this it will not turn over, will not shut down the electrical system and holds on to the key. I took it to my brother, a service director at Mercedes, and he sent me to a GM guy. The GM guy worried about it for several days and found some advice on the internet, he removed the 7.5amp fuse for the security system.

More Than a AWD Station Wagon
By guy41 on 10/01/12 05:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2004 SRX to replace a Buick Riviera and a Chevrolet AWD Astro van. It was difficult finding a vehicle with the sporty ride and handling of the Buick that could also perform some of the daily tasks of the Astro. Suprisingly the SRX does it all with style and grace. I like this model more than the new ones for its sporty station wagon style. Even after 102k miles it makes me smile when I'm behind the wheel and I would buy another.

Adjustable pedals
By candace3 on 10/19/11 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car, it's perfect for my needs. I have had some issues with the wheel pulling to the left, which i asume is the alignment or suspension also at 64,000 and i had to have an engine sensor replaced. Which I have heard to be common with this model. I think the sensor has something to do with the Pedal placement. I was using the pedals extended a bit, because i'm on the short side. I was having some delay with the gas pedal. very strange. It was fine when i put the pedal's back to the farthest position. but that is a feature that I do not get to use now. Over all I have not had too many issues. Purchased about a month ago so if anything comes up I will change my review.

Luxurious & Reliable, worth every penny!
By bobscadisrx04 on 08/24/10 11:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would enjoy a crossover vehicle as much as the Cadillac Srx! The performance is amazing, I always tell people it's like driving a luxury tank around. Very safe and handles like a dream. Not crazy about the gas mileage, but that's my only complaint. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the features are impressive. I don't have the sunrooof, but almost every other feature, and it's been a great car for me. I owned an Audi before, and will never go back. Cadillac is the way to go!

Would buy another
By thuff on 08/02/10 16:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 in 2005 and it went in the shop a few times for this or that but was always taken care of. always given a Cadillac replacement vehicle but my only complaint are that the turn light go out a lot because they are running lights also. I love my car my wife has a convertible mustang and we always take my car because of comfort it rides like a dream the a/c is so good it will make you cold on a day of temps over 100 degrees. Id buy another in a minute!

Never Again
By Super T on 05/27/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After owning Acura, Lexus and BMW vehicles we decided to try a Cadillac since we thought the SRX was for us. What a mistake. GM still doesn't get it. The sunroof had a rattle that could never be fixed. Gaps were found in the body panels that were letting water in and causing mold. You couldn't get out of the car without wiping your leg on the rocker below the door.

Outstanding All-Around Family Vehicle
By Leonard on 01/26/10 10:12 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little concerned about buying a used SRX, having read about many owners' negative experiences. However, after driving this car once I knew it would be ours. This is a spacious and comfortable SUV-wagon-crossover- whatever but it drives like a sport sedan! I'm a big guy that is used to driving a new full-sized Chevy pickup, but the SRX fits me like a glove. After putting a few thousand miles on the car and a couple long rides hauling both people and cargo, I have to admit there isn't much more I could ask for. The V6 is surprisingly powerful, quick-revving, and can deliver decent MPG if you behave yourself. For a used AWD luxury vehicle, this was an amazing value.

An Example why GM needs bailout money
By Marco Man on 04/27/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After my wife totalled our 2002 Mitsubishi Montero (which she drove for 7 years without 1 issue) we decided to buy the SRX. Why? It ONLY had 52k miles on it, and it had a 6 year 100k warranty. So here is where the fun begins (not really). 1st week, both rear windows stopped working, rear seats ratted, engine light came on, outside mirrors stopped working and engine was making weird noise. Luckily it was all covered under warranty. In the end, 11 parts were replaced INCLUDING 2 timing chains. Remember this car had only 52k miles on it and was certified pre owned. In the end, seats still rattle, and outside mirrors still dont quite work right. COME ON GM, make a car like the Japanese.

04 Cadillac SRX AWD 6CYL
By Jaymzhulk on 11/24/08 12:54 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about this car. Looks, performance, toys, handling, everything.

I love my SRX, only had cosmetic problem
By P Schultz on 07/01/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love my SRX. It's fun to drive, has plenty of power. The only problems I've had with it is cosmetic issues. My radio dash and door handles started to peel, delaminate. I had those replaced now everything looks new again, but did notice it will most likely delaminate again. Other than that, it's a joy to drive and seems very reliable so far.