2004 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
it wil just no go
By jimm222 on 03/31/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I was doing my wife a favor, she drove 3 different Ford Explorer Sports for about 12 years. I told her I wanted to get her a different car and showed her a 2004 SRX. Well it was love at first sight, nice car all loaded up, we bought it. Well it does not, always, like to start when it is warm. She has been stranded several times and needed rescued. When it does this it will not turn over, will not shut down the electrical system and holds on to the key. I took it to my brother, a service director at Mercedes, and he sent me to a GM guy. The GM guy worried about it for several days and found some advice on the internet, he removed the 7.5amp fuse for the security system.

More Than a AWD Station Wagon
By guy41 on 10/01/12 05:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2004 SRX to replace a Buick Riviera and a Chevrolet AWD Astro van. It was difficult finding a vehicle with the sporty ride and handling of the Buick that could also perform some of the daily tasks of the Astro. Suprisingly the SRX does it all with style and grace. I like this model more than the new ones for its sporty station wagon style. Even after 102k miles it makes me smile when I'm behind the wheel and I would buy another.

Adjustable pedals
By candace3 on 10/19/11 15:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car, it's perfect for my needs. I have had some issues with the wheel pulling to the left, which i asume is the alignment or suspension also at 64,000 and i had to have an engine sensor replaced. Which I have heard to be common with this model. I think the sensor has something to do with the Pedal placement. I was using the pedals extended a bit, because i'm on the short side. I was having some delay with the gas pedal. very strange. It was fine when i put the pedal's back to the farthest position. but that is a feature that I do not get to use now. Over all I have not had too many issues. Purchased about a month ago so if anything comes up I will change my review.

Best Used car I have purchased.
By 2bogey on 08/25/11 14:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a vehicle that I could load with stuff and take off for a long weekend, but still want to drive it daily. I found the perfect comprimise. V-8 Northstar power and all the Cadillac comforts. Sunroof is about as close as a convertable as you can get. The rear DVD is great for my son on those long trips and the heated seats are heaven. Paid just under 14k with 60k miles. This is probably the one that sat on the showroom floor in 2004. Dont get me wrong its not perfect but It fits every need I have as well as the wants. MPGs are around 18 or so but I do drive with a heavy foot since the V-8 makes me smile. Not for everyone but a great car if it fits your needs.

Save your $, this car's a lemon
By annalisef on 07/12/11 10:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2004 SRX has 56,000 miles on it- in the past nine months I had the power steering rack replaced 3 times. There are numerous electrical problems on the car- doors wont stay shut while driving, third row of seats wont go down, battery keeps dying unexpected and I've replaced it. There was battery drainage in two spots- interior lights blew out, constant engine leaks from trans fluid and power steering. In the past two months, it has been in the shop more than I have driven it. The most unreliable car. I will never purchase another Cadillac product. From what I have read, many other people have experienced the same type of problems with this year/make car. Dealing with Cadillac is awful too.

Transfer Case and Head Light Problems
By Charity on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the head light in my Cadillac fixed twice now its time for my inspection and they say I have to pay to get it fixed again. I think its a defect cause the first time I had it fixed at the Cadillac GMC dealership. Also my transfer case is messed up when I take off it makes a thud sound. Anyone know how much it cost to fix a transfer case. Stability system light has been since five months after buying the car.

Luxurious & Reliable, worth every penny!
By bobscadisrx04 on 08/24/10 11:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I would enjoy a crossover vehicle as much as the Cadillac Srx! The performance is amazing, I always tell people it's like driving a luxury tank around. Very safe and handles like a dream. Not crazy about the gas mileage, but that's my only complaint. The seats are amazingly comfortable, and the features are impressive. I don't have the sunrooof, but almost every other feature, and it's been a great car for me. I owned an Audi before, and will never go back. Cadillac is the way to go!

Would buy another
By thuff on 08/02/10 16:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 in 2005 and it went in the shop a few times for this or that but was always taken care of. always given a Cadillac replacement vehicle but my only complaint are that the turn light go out a lot because they are running lights also. I love my car my wife has a convertible mustang and we always take my car because of comfort it rides like a dream the a/c is so good it will make you cold on a day of temps over 100 degrees. Id buy another in a minute!

Never Again
By Super T on 05/27/10 09:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After owning Acura, Lexus and BMW vehicles we decided to try a Cadillac since we thought the SRX was for us. What a mistake. GM still doesn't get it. The sunroof had a rattle that could never be fixed. Gaps were found in the body panels that were letting water in and causing mold. You couldn't get out of the car without wiping your leg on the rocker below the door.

What a piece of
By rick on 05/04/10 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has stranded us on the side of the road 5 times in 3 years. The same symptoms but dealer always says it's a different sensor. Got Cad corp involved and they tell me that with such high millage (73k) it's bound to happen. I have had to even change the steering col due to failure. Even had NHSTA recalls but they said it doesn't apply to my vin. This is the worst car I have ever owned except my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 40 years ago. do not trust Moore Cad or cad corp.