Used 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Best Used car I have purchased.
By 2bogey

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a vehicle that I could load with stuff and take off for a long weekend, but still want to drive it daily. I found the perfect comprimise. V-8 Northstar power and all the Cadillac comforts. Sunroof is about as close as a convertable as you can get. The rear DVD is great for my son on those long trips and the heated seats are heaven. Paid just under 14k with 60k miles. This is probably the one that sat on the showroom floor in 2004. Dont get me wrong its not perfect but It fits every need I have as well as the wants. MPGs are around 18 or so but I do drive with a heavy foot since the V-8 makes me smile. Not for everyone but a great car if it fits your needs.

Favorite Features

There are so many I dont know where to start but I would go with the HUGE sunroof and the heated seats. My wife would say the dual climate control and my son loves the DVD player.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle does seem to drive little heavy, But it is a big car and maybe I am just used to a smaller sedan. The MPGs are probably my biggest gripe but its worth the comfort and versitility.

Save your $, this car's a lemon
By annalisef

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2004 SRX has 56,000 miles on it- in the past nine months I had the power steering rack replaced 3 times. There are numerous electrical problems on the car- doors wont stay shut while driving, third row of seats wont go down, battery keeps dying unexpected and I've replaced it. There was battery drainage in two spots- interior lights blew out, constant engine leaks from trans fluid and power steering. In the past two months, it has been in the shop more than I have driven it. The most unreliable car. I will never purchase another Cadillac product. From what I have read, many other people have experienced the same type of problems with this year/make car. Dealing with Cadillac is awful too.

Transfer Case and Head Light Problems
By Charity

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the head light in my Cadillac fixed twice now its time for my inspection and they say I have to pay to get it fixed again. I think its a defect cause the first time I had it fixed at the Cadillac GMC dealership. Also my transfer case is messed up when I take off it makes a thud sound. Anyone know how much it cost to fix a transfer case. Stability system light has been since five months after buying the car.

Favorite Features

Body and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Recall for headlights.

What a piece of
By rick

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has stranded us on the side of the road 5 times in 3 years. The same symptoms but dealer always says it's a different sensor. Got Cad corp involved and they tell me that with such high millage (73k) it's bound to happen. I have had to even change the steering col due to failure. Even had NHSTA recalls but they said it doesn't apply to my vin. This is the worst car I have ever owned except my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda 40 years ago. do not trust Moore Cad or cad corp.

Favorite Features

My wife begged for this one. Boy is she sorry she didn't take my advice and get the Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

buy infinity or lexus or ford or honda or anything else.

I tried to love it...
By Julie

2004 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I first saw this car, I immediately fell in love with the design. The sunroof is amazing, the shape of the car and body style is beautiful... but that's where it ended for me! I have only owned this car for 6 months, but it has been in the shop over 10 times for various expensive repairs... new cat converters, new air ride suspension, 2 new power steering columns, various wiring issues, new spark plugs and coils... it has cost us thousands in repairs, not to mention the hassle of dropping it off at the shop approx every 2-3 weeks! This is definitely not the quiality a cadillac should be!

Favorite Features

The car looks good!

Suggested Improvements

Improve absolutely everything except the appearance... I can't even trade this thing in because the check engine light comes on every few days and there goes more money!