Used 2004 Cadillac Seville SLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

SLS 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY !!!
By donbilly

2004 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 2004 cadillac sls and the car has giving me nothing but great service and even when there is a few times that the abs , brake and traction control light comes on.... the car has never fail to performe. This is a real plasure driving soecially in the highways gas economy is awesome and response on the engine is truly amaizing

Favorite Features

I love the response of the engine while accelarating on the highway

Suggested Improvements

sensors are often a pain in the butt but nothing to worry too much about

A Used Car Bargain
By Chuck W

2004 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drove a 1998 SLS for six years. When it came time to replace it, I found that this last year model was selling at a bargain basement (think low level Hyundai Elantra) price. I am going on two years with it and the only problem I have had was a wind leak in the windshield which the Cadillac dealer fixed under factory warranty. It gets 26-28 MPG on the highway and about 20 around town. I use Pennzoil Synthetic oil and only change it when the onboard computer says to...around every 10,000 miles. I do not have to add oil between changes. It's not as quiet and cushy as my wife;s 2006 DTS, but neither is anything else I've ever driven.

Favorite Features

Reliability, cool electronic dash, powerful Northstar engine.

Great Luxury Car at a Good Price
By John Baldwin

2004 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for the wife who has a bad back. We took a trip to Branson, MO and got 28 mpg going and 27 mpg coming home. It is very Comfortable and quiet. It had an air leak in the windshield due to an improper replacement, but after replacement the car is very quiet. The Michelin Symetry tires provide a good ride. This was a lease return car, so we had a few minor fixes to do, but for the price, it is the best luxury car we have owned. It has a few scrapes on the lower front bumper as it sits pretty low to the ground. It is fun around town as well on the road. The wheel base is a bit longer than our Buick. Punch it or baby it and it drives great. It is spoiling us and our next car will also be a Caddy.

Favorite Features

The Northstar V8 has some guts and is fun to rev up. It peaks at about 4,000 rpm. I love this car's smooth and quiet ride, It is comfortable and its heated seats (front and rear) are very warm and great for our cold Minnesota winter weather. The 6 disc changer Bose sound system is great and it has good radio reception.

Suggested Improvements

Lessen the road noise from the front wheels and side windows. The power seats could have more height adjustment. The heater blower motor is noisy on high speeds. Upgrade OnStar to digital at N/C...we have discontinued service....analog coverage will end next year. Pocket cell phones are better. Add Bluetooth.

Seville SLS
By BillsOwl

2004 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car....love its styling.....sorry to see it is being replaced.....Seville name is a classic

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

More rear leg room

04 Seville over 05 STS
By Joegod

2004 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After waiting all year for the 05 STS, I purchased an 04 Seville. This is my third seville. I traded an 01 seville. The 04 seville has more room, front wheel drive, larger trunk a V8 at no extra cost and overall better looks in my opinion. I am sorry to see the seville leave Cadillac.

Favorite Features

V8, FWD, large trunk, great ride

Suggested Improvements

The 04 seville does not have an auto emergency brake release as all the other sevilles did have.