Used 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

2003 Cadillac Seville

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Most Helpful|
Ground breaking perfprmance
By dwayne13

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Seville is a nice car with some great features and has that unique style as the price has drop and you can afford to have one. The North star motor can be a smooth surprise, but like with any vehicle you buy there is always some strength and weakness of any car, The car itself is a driving computer and if your not aware of this the car can be your worse nightmare in repair with sensors and the electronic hardware that runs the car, but aside of that the car is a marvel as the technology in the car has laid some idea's for the future Cadillac's, Its a true Cadillac and i just love mines with 96,000 miles and i am a mechanic if you see one for sale get one.

Favorite Features

The personal settings on how the seat and controls tailor to you is so cool

Suggested Improvements

The car needs improvements in the sensor locations and better computer..

Traded
By nh resident

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded the car after two years. It had the most beautiful interior of any vehicle I've ever owned, but constantly had things going wrong after the warranty ran out. The water pump went at 51K, the seat warmer at 53K, the seat control at 57K and a sensor in the transmission at 66k that would cost $2K to replace (don't think anything was actually wrong with transmission). This last one was the final straw, and I sold it. For two people though, it was a wonderful road cruiser.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort. Quiet powerful ride. Beautiful wood dash/leather environment. Stabilitrak/Onstar.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat and trunk both too small. Sort of too low to the ground for aging folks getting in and out. Low road clearance.

High Miles and all. I'm a believer
By karsntrux

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Mine is a 2003 with 220,000 miles, but no one knows that but me. I've taken great care of it and it has taken great care of me. I see a lot of bad reviews here, but I can't find a bad thing to say about mine. Oh wait, the ashtray cover won't always stay down. Big deal. This car always starts, rides great and the BOSE is much more than you will ever need. I reccomend Cadillac to any and everyone. 27MPG also.

Favorite Features

BOSE stereo. Heated Seats. Flawless engine. Lots of pretty wood.

Suggested Improvements

Possibly better plastic pieces.

Great SLS
By Raz

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Previously leased, low miles, 17k, clean, black with black leather, darkened the windows, came with chrome spoke wheels. Fine ride, very quick with 275hp, 26mpg highway, 22 in town. It is a little smooth compared to the STS but my 50 year old rear appreciates that! A real treat to look at and drive. :)

Favorite Features

Profile is low, smooth, agressive, and nice!

Suggested Improvements

None.

My Last Cadillac
By nomorecads

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

09:03 AM (PST) I too love the the Cadillac but unfortunately I will not own another one. The 1996 STS I had was a money pit. Constantly at the dealer for repairs. Had the engine resealed twice. It had 56k miles when I traded it. I traded it for a 2003 with 4k miles. It now has 30k miles and we have had the engine completely resealed, constantly fighting leaks, parts being replaced are lasting less than a year, the air/heater broke down, the seat heaters had to be repaired and the radio and cd changer doesn't work right. I am now looking to trade it in for something else.