Front End
By M.Giangrande on
2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
In recent months the front end of my car has a shimmey. I changed the two front axles and bearing, no better. Bought 4 new tires, no change. The car at 62 MPH has a shimmey its driving me crazy. . I loved the car though!
Favorite Features
Design of the car--Its all black beauty.
By pointswest
on 09/22/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

I recommend a road force balancing , it is worth the money

By cad_lover
on 10/16/12 12:02 PM (PDT)

I too have a slight shimmy at 65+ mph. I just had 4 new top of the line Michelin tires installed and did the Road force balancing as well as an alignment. It got rid of most of it, but it is still there. I think this front wheel drive car is just very sensitive to any problem. I have heard that the motor mounts can cause vibration as well so I will follow up when I get those replaced. My Mechanic says the axles look fine along with the cv joints. My 2002 Seville sls has 58k miles on it. Beautiful Car and beautiful interior, It's just fickle and high maintenance like my wife... Thinking about trading them both in for a newer model.

By cad_lover
on 10/23/12 06:45 AM (PDT)

**update. I also discovered that the recommended 30 psi inflation pressure was inadequate for the front tires and the slight vibration went away when I inflated them to 40 psi. It rides very well now