Used 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Caddy Seville 2002 SLS with On-star
By Northstar Engine

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Caddy in March of 2005, it is my sixth Caddy. Two have been bummers but not this one. I have had no trouble with this car. I love to drive it and it handles very well. It has the Northstar engine and i get excellant milage. On a trip around 26 around town about 20. I also own a 1991 Seville that i love to drive. I have nothing but good things to say about this car.

I like them all except for one.

That one is that the speedometer is impossible to read. I am 6'1" tall and i just can't read how fast i am going to save my soul. My wifes 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP has a great feature were you can read the speed in the windshield. Wish my Caddy had it.

Front End
By M.Giangrande

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In recent months the front end of my car has a shimmey. I changed the two front axles and bearing, no better. Bought 4 new tires, no change. The car at 62 MPH has a shimmey its driving me crazy. . I loved the car though!

Design of the car--Its all black beauty.

cadillac's are amazing !
By inkjax

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 02 sls is just as Nice as my 96 etc. Not every car is perfect. Some do have issues. For the most part caddys are amazing cars with a huge history (except for v8-6/4 and ht4100) both huge piles of crap! The s series cars are well built and usually very very reliable cars. Fun to drive and easy to take care of. Vegas and nearly back on a tank with all the performance of a sports car! How do you beat that? (230 miles one way) that was nearly 28 mpg in full size luxury sedan. I have owned 75 caddys in my life and would recommend them to anyone who wanted an upscale reliable car. Amazing ! Thank you Cadillac!

everything is great !

Cadillac for luxury and performance
By Buy American

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This SLS is my 3rd Cadillac, and by far the best car I've owned. Ride comfort on long trips is unsurpassed, as is fuel economy for a car this size. The Northstar engine is really amazing in that it has incredible power, yet gets 30 mpg on the highway. Around town it is nimble while soaking up rough pavement in stride. Cadillac has a proven winner with this generation Seville with reliability of a Swiss watch. Or should I call it the Rolex of cars.

Automatic climate control, seating comfort, ultra smooth Northstar engine with perfectly matched transmission.

Don't change anything!

This is a True Beast
By hodrod guy

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got this puppy in May of this year...so far so good. It's funny how I ended up in this car being that I was looking at a '91 Corvette and a 2003 Mustang GT. Not to mention I was getting out of a 1999 Trans Am...needless to say I'm into fast, agressive cars, but my main goal this time around was to get the most bang for my buck and the Cadillac SLS beat them out. It's really fast and solid as a rock. I love the way the back end of the car looks, but the front end is the only thing I'd change. It is just a little farty. I tend to forget that when I get behind the wheel and hit high speeds in no time while feeling like I'm sitting on the couch in my living room. I recommend this car for anyone who grew up as a gear head. I'm 25 years old.

The speed. I'm amazed how fast this car is, given that is a sedan. I must mention this car has a cold air intake and flowmaster exhuast, yes on a Cadillac. It's brilliant. I love the dash and the tech look. The cool interior light gadget colors are neat, too. The seats are more like lounge chairs, It is also good on gas.

Well, Cadillac has impoved everything on this car since it restyled it in '04, so i guess the only thing I don't like on this car is the front end. They could have done it better. Also, there is a little bit of vibration between 65 and 70 mph. This car is like a wolf in sheep's clothing.