2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Dissapointed
By dissapointed on 06/17/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a long time Cadillac lover and although this is a pretty nice car I am very glad I bought it used instead of a 40 to 50 grand sticker new the 300 horse does not feel like 300 horse well that's at the crank anyway. Reliability is ok but I wouldn't take a long road trip without worrying of maxing out a credit card in repairs on the way parts are expensive not owner friendly maintenance . I should have stuck to the 94 mark vii 170k ran like a champ and not hard to work on and way more power. I have lost faith in gm. I have been turned to Ford. For performance and reliability very disappointed

Fantastic & Reliable
By Jo Ann on 11/17/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my STS for the past 7 years. Thank goodness it's fast since I do a lot of driving to the Delaware shore. Unfortunately, this car got caught in the recent flooding and it is now totaled. Great performance car, and am sorry to see it go.

8 out of 10
By Black on Black on 03/31/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has great looks,smooth decent power,and lots of unnecessary goodies like steering wheel controls,rain sensing wipers,memory seats and radio presets,back up sensors,etc. The handling is pretty good for a 4,000 pound car although you can definitely tell its 4,000 pounds when you push it in corners. Its too bad that you cant completely disengage the stability control which slows you down in the turns. I like driving fast and the Northstar responds as happily as 300 hp can although I do wish they threw in about 30 to 40 more hp and torque. I might get Corsa exhaust but still deciding if I want my Caddy to sound like a Z/28. Awesome used car value. Bought 3/09 for $9,244 53k No snrf,nav

Piece of junk
By surfone on 02/25/09 15:49 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always try to buy American. I bought this 2002 Seville STS with 36,000 miles on it. After 3 months of ownership and $1100 worth of repairs, I am sorry I ever bought it. The only good things are the mileage and the stereo. Everything else is garbage. Don't buy one unless it comes with a warranty.

Never Liked Cadillacs, Until Now
By Onyx on 02/18/09 10:13 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Cadillac. I fell in love with the interior right away. All leather and wood, soft seats, pretty dash display. It took a few days before I realized what a beautiful car is is on the exterior also. It is sleek and sporty in a way. I bought this car used and it has lots of little problems. The steering wheel shakes, the struts are bad, the tire pressure sensors are confused, the alignment is bad. After reading other reviews, I realize that's normal for this car, but I'll try to fix it anyway. I'm in love with my Cadillac. It seems to know the road better than I do and it goes right where I tell it to go. The sound system rocks. Did I mention I'm in love with a Caddy?

Chaos Theory
By pezlow on 12/10/08 13:19 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 STS for three years and love it...sort of. I'll be honest the engine and tranny work great together. Throughout my time owning it I have not had to have the engine or transmission serviced. The interior looks great (it won interior of the year in 1998) especially with the newer nav unit but it does suffer from the GM rattles and cheap plastics. The real problem with this car is it's suspension. Tie rods and intermediate shafts seem to be a recurring problem. Having 300HP going to the front wheels puts a lot of strain on those weak legs. I love my car and thank goodness for warranties.

Great Cadillac stop holds up to the best
By Dave on 03/11/08 00:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car 8 months ago not knowing much about the Cadillac family very much. I was obviously worried about that curse used Cadillacs seem to carry with them with a high rate of unreliability but iwas wrong. I kept good tabs on this baby and she has never failed me with a breakdown or faulty light not once. The only problem I had was the water pump froze and ended up getting a small crack but I still believe that was due to the consecutive 5 degree days (and sub zero) nights up in the northshore. I love the cockpit and have had no complaints of leg room. Very powerful when it needs and refined.

Cady STS
By ET on 10/06/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car until it hits 100,000 miles. Suspension is getting mushy and various loose parts and ticks. Great car design and wonderfull utility

Worst Purchase I have Ever Made
By bas on 12/29/05 16:41 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but problems from the moment I drove my Cadillac Seville STS off the lot. My repair folder is over 3" thick - including continual vibration in steering at various speeds and reverbration in entire car and tie rods that were replaced numerous times. There is service bulletin out there - but dealers won't disclose this. I would NEVER recommend the Seville to anyone.

Overall Comments After One Year of Ownership
By susan on 12/08/05 16:35 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Cadillac Seville STS was exceptional when acquired however, electronics and mechanicals became inoperable, needing complete replacemen. I had to make major mechanical repairs to the engine, steering shaft, stereo, too many to list. It is a good thing they have a long term warranty on their "quality" used vehicles. I am disappointed with the overall experience. The front pilars are wicked blind spots also.