2002 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Caddy Seville 2002 SLS with On-star
By Northstar Engine on 11/28/09 07:35 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Caddy in March of 2005, it is my sixth Caddy. Two have been bummers but not this one. I have had no trouble with this car. I love to drive it and it handles very well. It has the Northstar engine and i get excellant milage. On a trip around 26 around town about 20. I also own a 1991 Seville that i love to drive. I have nothing but good things to say about this car.

Front End
By M.Giangrande on 10/15/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In recent months the front end of my car has a shimmey. I changed the two front axles and bearing, no better. Bought 4 new tires, no change. The car at 62 MPH has a shimmey its driving me crazy. . I loved the car though!

cadillac's are amazing !
By inkjax on 09/11/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 02 sls is just as Nice as my 96 etc. Not every car is perfect. Some do have issues. For the most part caddys are amazing cars with a huge history (except for v8-6/4 and ht4100) both huge piles of crap! The s series cars are well built and usually very very reliable cars. Fun to drive and easy to take care of. Vegas and nearly back on a tank with all the performance of a sports car! How do you beat that? (230 miles one way) that was nearly 28 mpg in full size luxury sedan. I have owned 75 caddys in my life and would recommend them to anyone who wanted an upscale reliable car. Amazing ! Thank you Cadillac!

Cadillac for luxury and performance
By Buy American on 03/23/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This SLS is my 3rd Cadillac, and by far the best car I've owned. Ride comfort on long trips is unsurpassed, as is fuel economy for a car this size. The Northstar engine is really amazing in that it has incredible power, yet gets 30 mpg on the highway. Around town it is nimble while soaking up rough pavement in stride. Cadillac has a proven winner with this generation Seville with reliability of a Swiss watch. Or should I call it the Rolex of cars.

This is a True Beast
By hodrod guy on 08/10/06 09:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got this puppy in May of this year...so far so good. It's funny how I ended up in this car being that I was looking at a '91 Corvette and a 2003 Mustang GT. Not to mention I was getting out of a 1999 Trans Am...needless to say I'm into fast, agressive cars, but my main goal this time around was to get the most bang for my buck and the Cadillac SLS beat them out. It's really fast and solid as a rock. I love the way the back end of the car looks, but the front end is the only thing I'd change. It is just a little farty. I tend to forget that when I get behind the wheel and hit high speeds in no time while feeling like I'm sitting on the couch in my living room. I recommend this car for anyone who grew up as a gear head. I'm 25 years old.

Not very welll built
By Greg on 08/30/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I wouldn't buy another Cadillac. My 2002 Seville has been in the shop for 3 major fixes and now that it is no longer under warranty I worry all of the time about the next system failure. Each failure resulted in over a week at the shop and would have cost several thousand dolalrs if not for the warranty.

First time four door...
By Chris Klein on 01/15/05 00:49 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Seville is my fourth Cadillac. My preference in style has always been the Eldorado though. I had many problems with my 1995 Cadillac ETC, and was looking at a head gasket. With $6,000 in repairs in two years, I was done. My 2002 Certified Pre-Owned Seville SLS is a nice change of pace. It handles the crappy local streets and pot holes much better than my ETC did. For a heavier car, it drives like a much smaller car; i.e. the 1997 Nissan Maxima SE that I used to own. It have been experiencing some light shaking in the steering in wheel at 65+ MPH. The dealer "replaced tie rod", but I still notice the shake. It's not bad, but I am not convinced this is "the way it sohuld ride." I paid nearly $22,000 for this car with less than 35,000 miles. It was in near new condition and certified. I miss having a sunroof.

My First Caddy
By bgordes on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Plenty of power; lots of options for the price; almost equal to Euro details in more costly autos with similar options.

Twenty-seventh Cadillac
By Jack Clark on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this Seville SLS for about 45 days. It is about the 27th Cadillac that I have owned. This is the best. The last one I had was a 2000 STS and I like this better because it rides better, is more quite, and gets better gas mileage. (30.5 on the hiway) It handles great and is very well put together. It has plenty of power. 300 ft lbs of tourque and comes in at lower rpm than on the STS. I drove a new Lexus and it felt like a boat compared to the Seville. For the money you can't beat it. My friend has a Mercedes and is always having trouble and it costs so much to have anything done to it. Over $200.00 just for an oil change.

It's a "Cadillac"
By erdoc414 on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

have a short time--nice to drive, luxioursly appointed with a quiet interior.