2002 Cadillac Seville SLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

2002 Seville Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Sort Reviews by

Dissapointed
By dissapointed

2002 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a long time Cadillac lover and although this is a pretty nice car I am very glad I bought it used instead of a 40 to 50 grand sticker new the 300 horse does not feel like 300 horse well that's at the crank anyway. Reliability is ok but I wouldn't take a long road trip without worrying of maxing out a credit card in repairs on the way parts are expensive not owner friendly maintenance . I should have stuck to the 94 mark vii 170k ran like a champ and not hard to work on and way more power. I have lost faith in gm. I have been turned to Ford. For performance and reliability very disappointed

Favorite Features

very good headlights, nice sounding stereo other than that any other extras may or may not work from one day to the next

Caddy Seville 2002 SLS with On-star
By Northstar Engine

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Caddy in March of 2005, it is my sixth Caddy. Two have been bummers but not this one. I have had no trouble with this car. I love to drive it and it handles very well. It has the Northstar engine and i get excellant milage. On a trip around 26 around town about 20. I also own a 1991 Seville that i love to drive. I have nothing but good things to say about this car.

Favorite Features

I like them all except for one.

Suggested Improvements

That one is that the speedometer is impossible to read. I am 6'1" tall and i just can't read how fast i am going to save my soul. My wifes 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP has a great feature were you can read the speed in the windshield. Wish my Caddy had it.

Fantastic & Reliable
By Jo Ann

2002 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven my STS for the past 7 years. Thank goodness it's fast since I do a lot of driving to the Delaware shore. Unfortunately, this car got caught in the recent flooding and it is now totaled. Great performance car, and am sorry to see it go.

Front End
By M.Giangrande

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In recent months the front end of my car has a shimmey. I changed the two front axles and bearing, no better. Bought 4 new tires, no change. The car at 62 MPH has a shimmey its driving me crazy. . I loved the car though!

Favorite Features

Design of the car--Its all black beauty.

cadillac's are amazing !
By inkjax

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 02 sls is just as Nice as my 96 etc. Not every car is perfect. Some do have issues. For the most part caddys are amazing cars with a huge history (except for v8-6/4 and ht4100) both huge piles of crap! The s series cars are well built and usually very very reliable cars. Fun to drive and easy to take care of. Vegas and nearly back on a tank with all the performance of a sports car! How do you beat that? (230 miles one way) that was nearly 28 mpg in full size luxury sedan. I have owned 75 caddys in my life and would recommend them to anyone who wanted an upscale reliable car. Amazing ! Thank you Cadillac!

Favorite Features

everything is great !

8 out of 10
By Black on Black

2002 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has great looks,smooth decent power,and lots of unnecessary goodies like steering wheel controls,rain sensing wipers,memory seats and radio presets,back up sensors,etc. The handling is pretty good for a 4,000 pound car although you can definitely tell its 4,000 pounds when you push it in corners. Its too bad that you cant completely disengage the stability control which slows you down in the turns. I like driving fast and the Northstar responds as happily as 300 hp can although I do wish they threw in about 30 to 40 more hp and torque. I might get Corsa exhaust but still deciding if I want my Caddy to sound like a Z/28. Awesome used car value. Bought 3/09 for $9,244 53k No snrf,nav

Favorite Features

Engine= Faster than most 4,000 pound cars and many others. Looks= Best looking car in it's class. 540i,Gs430,E320,Infiniti's. Tied with Jaguar S-Type Its very luxurious and has plenty of room up front with power everything. Nice wood touches all around,rear seat warmers,dual climate control.

Suggested Improvements

REAR WHEEL DRIVE. Good job 2005 STS. A little more horsepower to be able to keep up with GS430's and 540i's. Rear seat room is surprisingly tight leg room wise. You should be able to turn stability control completely off at your own risk. Audio controls shouldn't change when you change the station.

Piece of junk
By surfone

2002 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always try to buy American. I bought this 2002 Seville STS with 36,000 miles on it. After 3 months of ownership and $1100 worth of repairs, I am sorry I ever bought it. The only good things are the mileage and the stereo. Everything else is garbage. Don't buy one unless it comes with a warranty.

Favorite Features

Mileage and stereo

Suggested Improvements

Build a better car.

Never Liked Cadillacs, Until Now
By Onyx

2002 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Cadillac. I fell in love with the interior right away. All leather and wood, soft seats, pretty dash display. It took a few days before I realized what a beautiful car is is on the exterior also. It is sleek and sporty in a way. I bought this car used and it has lots of little problems. The steering wheel shakes, the struts are bad, the tire pressure sensors are confused, the alignment is bad. After reading other reviews, I realize that's normal for this car, but I'll try to fix it anyway. I'm in love with my Cadillac. It seems to know the road better than I do and it goes right where I tell it to go. The sound system rocks. Did I mention I'm in love with a Caddy?

Favorite Features

I love the all leather interior, the great sound system, the feeling of being wrapped in a cocoon while driving down the road, the power moon roof, the telescoping steering wheel, but the climate control automatic memory could be my favorite of all features.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder is in an awkward place, as is the ashtray. The memory set buttons on the door are too easily pushed by accident, so I have to reset my seat position all the time.

Chaos Theory
By pezlow

2002 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 STS for three years and love it...sort of. I'll be honest the engine and tranny work great together. Throughout my time owning it I have not had to have the engine or transmission serviced. The interior looks great (it won interior of the year in 1998) especially with the newer nav unit but it does suffer from the GM rattles and cheap plastics. The real problem with this car is it's suspension. Tie rods and intermediate shafts seem to be a recurring problem. Having 300HP going to the front wheels puts a lot of strain on those weak legs. I love my car and thank goodness for warranties.

Favorite Features

Performance, navigation unit, heated seats, Xenons, back up sensors and all the other Cadillac ammenities

Suggested Improvements

It's already been done, but RWD is the main thing. What's the point of having 300 horses if you can't control them? The rattling plastic is annoying.

Cadillac for luxury and performance
By Buy American

2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This SLS is my 3rd Cadillac, and by far the best car I've owned. Ride comfort on long trips is unsurpassed, as is fuel economy for a car this size. The Northstar engine is really amazing in that it has incredible power, yet gets 30 mpg on the highway. Around town it is nimble while soaking up rough pavement in stride. Cadillac has a proven winner with this generation Seville with reliability of a Swiss watch. Or should I call it the Rolex of cars.

Favorite Features

Automatic climate control, seating comfort, ultra smooth Northstar engine with perfectly matched transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Don't change anything!