I had expected much more from a Cadillac
By BigSix on
2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
When I bought the "top of the line" Cadillac, I thought I was receiving, the best American Made Car I could get. Boy, are we in trouble. After 14 months, I have a service repair history about 10 feet long. I have had my car in 15-20 times, all for problems I would not have expected in a $54K car. For example, broken plastic "wood" pieces, rattles, squeaks, computer replacement/reprogramming, power steering, motor mount, transmission, and brakes!! For a car that is advertised as a "race car", I haven't had a set of pads or rotors that have lasted longer than 5000 miles!! I've put at least 10000 miles on rental DeVilles since I bought this *New* STS!
Favorite Features
Pretty good power, but no performance options and front wheel drive limit it's potential to be truly fast, esp. when compared to BMW, Lexus, etc. Stereo is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY!!!! Brakes are a joke for a large car with 300 HP, they squeal ALL the time. Car and its components are very poorly put together for a $54K investment, you could buy a $10K Corolla and not have any problems.