2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Seville SLS
By Icefish4 on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is an awesome car with a few major exceptions. First and foremost, the suspension is so sensitve, you can't keep the tires balanced. Michelins are essential, as the factory Goodyears are junk and have no business on this car. Also, too many electronic "doodads" that fail. Mine has been in the shop several times for failed sensors. A great car to drive overall, especially when the tires are balanced!

GREAT
By www on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i WANT ANOTHER ONE, EXCELLENT

2001 SLS
By tomt45 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

No major problems once the Goodyear tires were replaced by the dealer at no charge.

2001 Cadillac Seville STS Review
By Hudson Jeff on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Acceleration seems slow and the car feels too heavy. The front wheel drive with 300 horsepower causes the traction control to come on constantly in slick conditions. I replaced the factory Goodyears with Michelins and it improved. Lots of little problems need fixing, thank goodness it’s under warranty. The interior is nice and comfortable and the sound system is good. Lots of standard features. Definitely not a driver’s car. Huge first year depreciation hit. Consider a purchase it performance is secondary to comfort. Even smarter is buying one a year or two old and avoid the depreciation hit.

Owners review with auto experience.
By Ronnie Coles on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like mine,I give it 2 big thumbs up. However, I believe that the electric gadgets is to much to go wrong. It's the closest American made car to the C- 5 Vette, in a "4dr" you can get. From the deep floor pans for leg room to the 300hp Northstar it's 1st class sport luxury.Brand new mine ran 15.03 @ 96 MPH in the 1/4 mile.I have raced and BEAT many Mustang GTs on the street from a roll-on. With it's massive weight it's not a trill outta the hole but once you get it moving, HANG-ON!Now that mine is broke-in i'm certain it would run 14.80s or better.

Crank Sensors
By k5861 on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I agree with Vosser. This is my sixth Cadillac, the first Seville. At 9,000 miles, it needed a new power steering pump which seemed to take the dealer forever to obtain. At 12000 miles, it stalled out in the middle of a busy city street where the speed limit was 45 mph. The diagnosis via On Star was defective crank sensors. For the nearly $46K this vehicle cost, such problems are simply not acceptable.

I had expected much more from a Cadillac
By BigSix on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought the "top of the line" Cadillac, I thought I was receiving, the best American Made Car I could get. Boy, are we in trouble. After 14 months, I have a service repair history about 10 feet long. I have had my car in 15-20 times, all for problems I would not have expected in a $54K car. For example, broken plastic "wood" pieces, rattles, squeaks, computer replacement/reprogramming, power steering, motor mount, transmission, and brakes!! For a car that is advertised as a "race car", I haven't had a set of pads or rotors that have lasted longer than 5000 miles!! I've put at least 10000 miles on rental DeVilles since I bought this *New* STS!

Nice Car
By Nicecar on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

No other car will match up to this one it is great!!!!

Northstar stalling problems X 3
By vosser on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac I have owned, this new one stalls while driving down the street. They have replaced the engine crank sensors. Then they say when I bring it back the second time for the same problem they put a diagnostic package on it and could not get the problem to duplicate. How can I search for others for possible solution or retribution? I am glad Wisconsin has a "lemon law" and will not be hesitant to invoke it. Unless they reair it permanently or replace it now on the third try for the same problem it will be the last Cadillac I purchase.

Simply a work of art
By cashmoney on 03/02/02 00:54 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

everyhting this car has blows its competiton away truly buety at its best and is worth the money compared to 120,000 dollar mercedes that arent twice as good