2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Fast Luxury Sedan
By Mike on 11/21/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the car used with 25K miles. This car is a joy to drive, my wife rarely lets me drive it because I drive it like a sports sedan. The 300hp DOHC 32 valve engine is quiet, but revs quickly & effortlessly to 6500 rpm when needed. Need to pass someone....point it straight, hit the accelerator & you are approaching warp speed vey rapidly (EX: passing 50mph- 85mph in under 6 seconds) in addition to a luxury ride, outstanding heated seats with memory & awesome Bose 6+1 cd changer. For mid 50 year old it is a true luxury hotrod. In town we get 20+ mpg & 25-28 mpg on hiway (as long I don't start driving like speed racer). Great car, somewhat expensive to repair/maintain.

Good car
By Judith on 09/07/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has a classic look and a great ride. Plenty of room for passengers, and comfortable seats too. My STS is great on slippery roads and in snow. There is virtually no air noise. I now have over 95,000 miles on my car, and I am having a hard time thinking about getting rid of it. It's getting older and the value is going down, but I still love it.

Awsome Automobile
By Rob on 01/07/07 14:17 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this car because of its size. I never realized I would come to love it so much. It's a thrill to drive and more comfortable than you would believe. As with any high end vehicle, repairs and parts are costly, though this vehicle has proven to be so reliable that the need for such is few and far between.

Nice STS
By john on 12/30/06 00:52 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2001 Cadillac Seville STS is a fun car to drive with all the options.

Great Cadillac!
By Richard F on 12/15/06 20:01 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has great handling, acceleration, and appearance. I have had to have the battery, a couple of sensors, and the water pump replaced under warranty.

Superb
By Mo on 10/09/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car's exterior's exterior combines the best of European and Japanese design, with the interior luxury and comfort of an American car. It definitely is worth a look if you are interested in a car to enjoy. I look for reasons to drive it.

It's a Cadillac
By On my 3rd Northstar. on 08/12/06 03:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Like the age old ad says it's the "penalty of leadership." All of these Sevilles are based on the 1998 design. Compared to all other makes no one was this progressive. Sure the car is a bit heavy, expensive to own, and expensive to repair, but all in all it's a superlative motor car. Overall I've had minimal problems with this car for the amount of technology involved. The seat heaters were replaced under warranty, it had a vibration at 65 mph fixed under warranty, and the valve position sensor had to be replaced. Otherwise this is a start it up and go car. Not to mention it can pass anything else on the road quite effortlessly. Bottom line, if you want to drive GM's top of the line expect some minor problems. Overall it is luxury at its best!

Cadillac convert
By DM on 09/07/05 20:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a long time import owner, domestics were never high on my list. I've owned several Nissan / Infiniti vehicles. Needed a larger vehicle for the family and to travel in. STS works perfectly everyone has room and the Caddy more than gets up. Pretty much every creature comfort available and rides quiet. By the way, I'm way under 40 so the looks from the older Caddy owners are just great.

Incredible Car
By Christine Hunt on 04/06/05 00:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car about 9 months ago. I look for reasons to drive it. It truly is a driving dream in every sense. I felt especially safe during the Chicago winter season due to the suspension, traction control and stability control. It truly is an amazing car to handle. The interior is extremely luxurious, and very well put together. The heated seats just add to the driving pleasure. I will definitely buy another certified Cadillac.

A Great Buy
By jimb100 on 04/02/05 23:31 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 Seville STS with 38,000 miles. At the price they can be bought for today they are a steal. This car is in mint condition with lots of comfort and convenience features. Performance takes second place to luxury, but not by a lot. Once rolling its a quick car and body lean is kept to a minimum. Its too big to be a sports car but if you want a sporty luxury car, this is a good one.