Darth Vader's Cadillac
By Firestorm 500 on
2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Bought used black on black STS with 78K miles for my wife. Now it has 118K miles. Generally reliable. Have replaced battery, crank position sensors, engine air tube, engine cooling fan and a few other things. Others are right, car is expensive to have worked on, I only let Cadillac dealer do it. Rides nice, is quiet. Handles good. Bose 4.0 stereo very good. Car still looks good, many favorible comments. Good A/C. Roomy. Trunk is adequate. 300 HP Northstar will fly, but uses oil about 1 qt. every 700 miles or so. About 19 mpg city, 24 highway, regular fuel. Very good traction on wet roads or snow. Stabilitrak helps a lot. Has better build quality than my 97 Eldorado or 97 Catera.
Favorite Features
Classy understated Zebrano wood trim, backup monitor, 3 zone climate control, 4 heated seats, Bose 4.0, 17" chrome factory wheels, car looks sporty with long hood/short deck, Driver Information Center, the look of the gauges and heads up display, rides pretty easy and corners great when pushed.
Suggested Improvements
More padding in seat bottom; my 97 Eldo was better. This is a complex car, so I guess I'm glad that more things haven't gone out or needed fixing. I would have a hard time going back to a cheaper car with less features. My wife and I both like this car. The new STS sits hard to me. Maybe a DTS next