Used 2001 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

12 Years Old and Still a Beauty
By nathaniel

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 STS in 2004 as it came off of a 3-year lease. It had about 32K miles and now it only has about 72K. It was at a Caddy dealer. A new Caddy has a 3-year 50K warranty. A Certified used one has 5 or 6 year/100K mile one. Also, they cover not only power train, but practically everything, including free loaner car. Couple of months after purchase it developed an oil leak. No "oil pan" on transverse, i.e. had to remove engine, take apart in middle and put in a new gasket. Glad it was under warranty.

Handles well, sufficient power, nice European handling with the STS suspension. Loads of nice comfort features for a 2001, i.e. auto emergency release when shifted from park, dual control temps, heated front seats, and a lot other automatic stuff I can't remember. For a car of this size it's a lot of fun to drive, easy to drive, and with regular care it still looks a lot newer than it is, i.e. (black exterior/interior, chrome wheels, leather seats and IMO nice styling). Enjoy sun roof and back up sensors. Great service with a smile, however.

Make Certified warranty 10yr/100K, make OnStar upgradeable instead of phasing it out, make replacement parts more reasonable, i.e. right front headlight went out and had to replace both headlight and some transformer to cost of almost $1,000.

Great running car
By caddymann

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 Cadillac Seville STS that has 96,000 miles. It has been a great car, burns 1 quart of oil between changes but has been doing this for the last 40,000 miles. I have driven it accros the country and never had major issues with this car. A nice riding car that holds its value.

A great ride
By PEARL

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car through a dealership. It had been a lease car. My brother got it for me wholesale. The heater wasn't functioning (December - brrr). I learned only a year ago that it had been in a bad accident and the axle is bent. Also, I knew that there was an oil leak, so I add a quart every other tank of gas. Overall, of the five I've owned (one Allante), it's been the best one yet. I've gotten 28 mpg on the freeway. It's diamond white, so it still cleans up perfectly. It shines like a diamond when I'm looking for it in a parking lot. All those other 'bubble' cars that all look alike can't hold a candle to it. It had 58,000 when I bought it; I have 155,000 now.

My favorite features are, hmm, everything! The style is outstanding, performance can get you out of the way quickly. Comfort was important because I'm a real estate broker, so it's roomy. I feel safe in it. I rode in a CTS; shutting the door felt so much lighter than the STS. I'd buy another.

I've had other Cadillacs that use a lot of oil. I was told that's been a problem with the Cadillacs.

Never again!
By Charlie

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Refused to start once in my yard, luckily. Had to have it towed to Caddy dealer. $800 to replace "security modules"! Year later died at Doctor's office. Had it towed to dealer again. $300 for new "special Caddy" battery cause terminal broke. Battery is under back seat that no one uses. How could this happen? Got no answer. Year later had to jump start car, then dash lights went out. Traded it in back to dealer I bought it from!

Comfortable, fast, nice looking.

Certainly not the quality I expected from a Cadillac. I got no satisfaction from Cadillac Customer Service.

Dont sleep on this one !
By PMP

2001 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with 120k from a guy who didnt really keep up on the maintenance but I got her back to 100% in no time. Replaced the crank sensors (very common) I suggest you replace them before they go @ around 100k miles. Also replaced the cat (common as well) $300 so again not a big deal on a $53k car. The car uses about 2qts of oil every 3k miles which is common on northstars. Again not a big deal, just keep up on your oil changes. Ive owned alot of high end cars (audi,mercedes,jaguar,bmw) and must say this caddy is right up there with them ! I get compliments everywhere I go and its 8 yrs old ! Navigation is also easier to use than most factory units. Stop thinking go buy one !

Sporty, classy styling its a real eye catcher and not a very common car like the DTS. Interior is very sharp as well. The gauge cluster is really layed out very well and very sporty looking.

Plastic pieces on the front seats are not made to well. Cup holder is very weak but I understand why they made it the way they did, cockpit looks better without a cheesy cup holder. Nav is great but the radio controls through the nav are a little complicated to use while driving, not a big deal.