Used 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Love to Drive This Car
By James H.

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this car! The only problem is that I never know for sure how much fuel is left in the tank. The gas gauge fluctuates wildly. Luckily the "fuel used feature on the dash computer is fairly accurate but I keep it full of fuel just in case. I was in a hard breaking situation in traffic a few weeks ago and now I have a clunking sound when I go over bumps at low speed. Got to get it looked at, I've got a good mechanic that I've been using since I bought the car. I Suppose there will be some niggling little problems with this car but that's to be expected with any vehicle. Overall I'm very, very happy with it, it's perfect for me.

Excellent Buy
By Kelley Castleberry

Moms car
By Les

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good quality and much better mileage than advertised. Only issues I have is Im 6'0" and theres a blind spot where the rear view mirror is that blocks forward vision for me but mnot my wife. I wish I could find a way to lower the seat. Dealer service has been excellent.

HVAC-can turn the A/C compressor off manually. Instrumentation. ergonomics other than above mention. Performance and cornering.

Headlight sensor weak.

mostly enjoyable
By mostlyenjoyable

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a big ride, this car gets amazing gas mileage (higher than its rated), and its comfort and performance have made it a keeper. We've experienced electrical and sensor issues but luckily found an affordable mechanic as couldn't afford dealership. Has over 123K miles now and starting to use more oil (northstart engines typically use some) so looking to replace. Was also great in minor crash; other vehicle was totaled; didn't even break our car's headlight.

appearance, comfort, drive

don't hide sensors. move heated seat controls (next to drink holders) which quit working long ago as someone spilled drink on console.

A good deal.
By lawman

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this car. Never owned a Caddy before. I have owned a 2000 Lexus GS300 and this a close runner up so far. The car had been garaged indoors for over 3 years. I bought it used with 23,000 miles on it. So far this well maintained car is a pleasure to own. City mpg is only 11.5. I have not had it on the highway yet.

power headrests, exit feature that moves seat and wheel for easy exit. Power, automatic, computerized features of plenty.

Cannot think of anything at this time