2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Moms car
By Les on 10/23/09 00:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good quality and much better mileage than advertised. Only issues I have is Im 6'0" and theres a blind spot where the rear view mirror is that blocks forward vision for me but mnot my wife. I wish I could find a way to lower the seat. Dealer service has been excellent.

mostly enjoyable
By mostlyenjoyable on 08/15/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a big ride, this car gets amazing gas mileage (higher than its rated), and its comfort and performance have made it a keeper. We've experienced electrical and sensor issues but luckily found an affordable mechanic as couldn't afford dealership. Has over 123K miles now and starting to use more oil (northstart engines typically use some) so looking to replace. Was also great in minor crash; other vehicle was totaled; didn't even break our car's headlight.

A good deal.
By lawman on 07/19/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this car. Never owned a Caddy before. I have owned a 2000 Lexus GS300 and this a close runner up so far. The car had been garaged indoors for over 3 years. I bought it used with 23,000 miles on it. So far this well maintained car is a pleasure to own. City mpg is only 11.5. I have not had it on the highway yet.

Great Cadillac!
By Richard F on 12/15/06 20:01 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has great handling, acceleration, and appearance. I have had to have the battery, a couple of sensors, and the water pump replaced under warranty.

Not Up To World Standards
By Bill Willfield on 11/04/04 14:34 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

During my first 30,000 miles with my 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS it has been in the shop way too many times. The instrument panel computer failed 3 times, both front seat heaters failed, the left rear door just would not open, the engine stopped (no steering - scared my wife who was driving) ad nauseum. I have owned six Cadillacs. This is absolutely the worst.

our caddy
By retchiefy on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I find this to be an excellant car and hard to learn features

to many break downs
By casting223 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car was alright for the first 25000 miles. Since then We have had it in the shop 11 times.

SLS is a great car
By Luxocruiser on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My '01 is a really great car, but as the other reviews have stated, I have had my share of warranty work, transmission mounts, seat heaters, those awful Goodyear tires, (I traded mine in at 18K miles for Michelins.)I just passed 50K - glad I bought an extended warranty. Love the awsome Northstar power, love the ride, love the style. I believe the new rear-wheel drive debuting next year will be a world class vehicle.

Seville SLS
By Icefish4 on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is an awesome car with a few major exceptions. First and foremost, the suspension is so sensitve, you can't keep the tires balanced. Michelins are essential, as the factory Goodyears are junk and have no business on this car. Also, too many electronic "doodads" that fail. Mine has been in the shop several times for failed sensors. A great car to drive overall, especially when the tires are balanced!

GREAT
By www on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i WANT ANOTHER ONE, EXCELLENT