Used 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

2001 Cadillac Seville

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Moms car
By Les

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good quality and much better mileage than advertised. Only issues I have is Im 6'0" and theres a blind spot where the rear view mirror is that blocks forward vision for me but mnot my wife. I wish I could find a way to lower the seat. Dealer service has been excellent.

Favorite Features

HVAC-can turn the A/C compressor off manually. Instrumentation. ergonomics other than above mention. Performance and cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Headlight sensor weak.

mostly enjoyable
By mostlyenjoyable

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a big ride, this car gets amazing gas mileage (higher than its rated), and its comfort and performance have made it a keeper. We've experienced electrical and sensor issues but luckily found an affordable mechanic as couldn't afford dealership. Has over 123K miles now and starting to use more oil (northstart engines typically use some) so looking to replace. Was also great in minor crash; other vehicle was totaled; didn't even break our car's headlight.

Favorite Features

appearance, comfort, drive

Suggested Improvements

don't hide sensors. move heated seat controls (next to drink holders) which quit working long ago as someone spilled drink on console.

A good deal.
By lawman

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this car. Never owned a Caddy before. I have owned a 2000 Lexus GS300 and this a close runner up so far. The car had been garaged indoors for over 3 years. I bought it used with 23,000 miles on it. So far this well maintained car is a pleasure to own. City mpg is only 11.5. I have not had it on the highway yet.

Favorite Features

power headrests, exit feature that moves seat and wheel for easy exit. Power, automatic, computerized features of plenty.

Suggested Improvements

Cannot think of anything at this time

Great Cadillac!
By Richard F

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has great handling, acceleration, and appearance. I have had to have the battery, a couple of sensors, and the water pump replaced under warranty.

Favorite Features

I like how this car gets a consistent 19 mpg in city, 29 mpg at 70 - 80MPH highway. It has great seats, they are fully adjustable and heated.

Suggested Improvements

Why is battery so special and placed under the back seats?

Not Up To World Standards
By Bill Willfield

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

During my first 30,000 miles with my 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS it has been in the shop way too many times. The instrument panel computer failed 3 times, both front seat heaters failed, the left rear door just would not open, the engine stopped (no steering - scared my wife who was driving) ad nauseum. I have owned six Cadillacs. This is absolutely the worst.

Favorite Features

It drives nice. Bouncy ride.

Suggested Improvements

Provide a cheaper extended warranty. Costs a fortune to own this car without extra protection.