Used 2001 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Love to Drive This Car
By James H.

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this car! The only problem is that I never know for sure how much fuel is left in the tank. The gas gauge fluctuates wildly. Luckily the "fuel used feature on the dash computer is fairly accurate but I keep it full of fuel just in case. I was in a hard breaking situation in traffic a few weeks ago and now I have a clunking sound when I go over bumps at low speed. Got to get it looked at, I've got a good mechanic that I've been using since I bought the car. I Suppose there will be some niggling little problems with this car but that's to be expected with any vehicle. Overall I'm very, very happy with it, it's perfect for me.

Excellent Buy
By Kelley Castleberry

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

12 Years Old and Still a Beauty
By nathaniel

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 STS in 2004 as it came off of a 3-year lease. It had about 32K miles and now it only has about 72K. It was at a Caddy dealer. A new Caddy has a 3-year 50K warranty. A Certified used one has 5 or 6 year/100K mile one, which makes a used one with the Certified a bonus for the used car purchaser. Also, they cover not only power train, but practically everything, including free loaner car. Couple of months after purchase it developed an oil leak. No "oil pan" on transverse, i.e. had to remove engine, take apart in middle and put in a new gasket. Glad it was under warranty.
---
Updated 4/16... Now has about 87,000 miles and looks almost like new (garaged, plus I keep it polished and clean...) When I tell people it's a 2001 and I've had it since 2004 they can't believe it. Still runs great, good power, great stopping ability, and great handling for a car of its size.

Great running car
By caddymann

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 Cadillac Seville STS that has 96,000 miles.
It has been a great car, burns 1 quart of oil between changes but has been doing this for the last 40,000 miles.
I have driven it accros the country and never had major issues with this car.
A nice riding car that holds its value.

A great ride
By PEARL

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car through a dealership. It had been a lease car. My brother got it for me wholesale. The heater wasn't functioning (December - brrr). I learned only a year ago that it had been in a bad accident and the axle is bent. Also, I knew that there was an oil leak, so I add a quart every other tank of gas. Overall, of the five I've owned (one Allante), it's been the best one yet. I've gotten 28 mpg on the freeway. It's diamond white, so it still cleans up perfectly. It shines like a diamond when I'm looking for it in a parking lot. All those other 'bubble' cars that all look alike can't hold a candle to it. It had 58,000 when I bought it; I have 155,000 now.

My favorite features are, hmm, everything! The style is outstanding, performance can get you out of the way quickly. Comfort was important because I'm a real estate broker, so it's roomy. I feel safe in it. I rode in a CTS; shutting the door felt so much lighter than the STS. I'd buy another.

I've had other Cadillacs that use a lot of oil. I was told that's been a problem with the Cadillacs.