Used 2001 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Great running car
By caddymann

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 Cadillac Seville STS that has 96,000 miles.
It has been a great car, burns 1 quart of oil between changes but has been doing this for the last 40,000 miles.
I have driven it accros the country and never had major issues with this car.
A nice riding car that holds its value.

A great ride
By PEARL

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car through a dealership. It had been a lease car. My brother got it for me wholesale. The heater wasn't functioning (December - brrr). I learned only a year ago that it had been in a bad accident and the axle is bent. Also, I knew that there was an oil leak, so I add a quart every other tank of gas. Overall, of the five I've owned (one Allante), it's been the best one yet. I've gotten 28 mpg on the freeway. It's diamond white, so it still cleans up perfectly. It shines like a diamond when I'm looking for it in a parking lot. All those other 'bubble' cars that all look alike can't hold a candle to it. It had 58,000 when I bought it; I have 155,000 now.

My favorite features are, hmm, everything! The style is outstanding, performance can get you out of the way quickly. Comfort was important because I'm a real estate broker, so it's roomy. I feel safe in it. I rode in a CTS; shutting the door felt so much lighter than the STS. I'd buy another.

I've had other Cadillacs that use a lot of oil. I was told that's been a problem with the Cadillacs.

Never again!
By Charlie

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Refused to start once in my yard, luckily. Had to have it towed to Caddy dealer. $800 to replace "security modules"! Year later died at Doctor's office. Had it towed to dealer again. $300 for new "special Caddy" battery cause terminal broke. Battery is under back seat that no one uses. How could this happen? Got no answer. Year later had to jump start car, then dash lights went out. Traded it in back to dealer I bought it from!

Comfortable, fast, nice looking.

Certainly not the quality I expected from a Cadillac. I got no satisfaction from Cadillac Customer Service.

Moms car
By Les

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good quality and much better mileage than advertised. Only issues I have is Im 6'0" and theres a blind spot where the rear view mirror is that blocks forward vision for me but mnot my wife. I wish I could find a way to lower the seat. Dealer service has been excellent.

HVAC-can turn the A/C compressor off manually. Instrumentation. ergonomics other than above mention. Performance and cornering.

Headlight sensor weak.

mostly enjoyable
By mostlyenjoyable

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a big ride, this car gets amazing gas mileage (higher than its rated), and its comfort and performance have made it a keeper. We've experienced electrical and sensor issues but luckily found an affordable mechanic as couldn't afford dealership. Has over 123K miles now and starting to use more oil (northstart engines typically use some) so looking to replace. Was also great in minor crash; other vehicle was totaled; didn't even break our car's headlight.

appearance, comfort, drive

don't hide sensors. move heated seat controls (next to drink holders) which quit working long ago as someone spilled drink on console.