2001 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
12 Years Old and Still a Beauty
By nathaniel on 04/27/13 17:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 STS in 2004 as it came off of a 3-year lease. It had about 32K miles and now it only has about 72K. It was at a Caddy dealer. A new Caddy has a 3-year 50K warranty. A Certified used one has 5 or 6 year/100K mile one. Also, they cover not only power train, but practically everything, including free loaner car. Couple of months after purchase it developed an oil leak. No "oil pan" on transverse, i.e. had to remove engine, take apart in middle and put in a new gasket. Glad it was under warranty.

Great running car
By caddymann on 01/22/12 16:33 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 Cadillac Seville STS that has 96,000 miles. It has been a great car, burns 1 quart of oil between changes but has been doing this for the last 40,000 miles. I have driven it accros the country and never had major issues with this car. A nice riding car that holds its value.

A great ride
By PEARL on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car through a dealership. It had been a lease car. My brother got it for me wholesale. The heater wasn't functioning (December - brrr). I learned only a year ago that it had been in a bad accident and the axle is bent. Also, I knew that there was an oil leak, so I add a quart every other tank of gas. Overall, of the five I've owned (one Allante), it's been the best one yet. I've gotten 28 mpg on the freeway. It's diamond white, so it still cleans up perfectly. It shines like a diamond when I'm looking for it in a parking lot. All those other 'bubble' cars that all look alike can't hold a candle to it. It had 58,000 when I bought it; I have 155,000 now.

Never again!
By Charlie on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Refused to start once in my yard, luckily. Had to have it towed to Caddy dealer. $800 to replace "security modules"! Year later died at Doctor's office. Had it towed to dealer again. $300 for new "special Caddy" battery cause terminal broke. Battery is under back seat that no one uses. How could this happen? Got no answer. Year later had to jump start car, then dash lights went out. Traded it in back to dealer I bought it from!

Moms car
By Les on 10/23/09 00:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good quality and much better mileage than advertised. Only issues I have is Im 6'0" and theres a blind spot where the rear view mirror is that blocks forward vision for me but mnot my wife. I wish I could find a way to lower the seat. Dealer service has been excellent.

mostly enjoyable
By mostlyenjoyable on 08/15/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For a big ride, this car gets amazing gas mileage (higher than its rated), and its comfort and performance have made it a keeper. We've experienced electrical and sensor issues but luckily found an affordable mechanic as couldn't afford dealership. Has over 123K miles now and starting to use more oil (northstart engines typically use some) so looking to replace. Was also great in minor crash; other vehicle was totaled; didn't even break our car's headlight.

A good deal.
By lawman on 07/19/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy driving this car. Never owned a Caddy before. I have owned a 2000 Lexus GS300 and this a close runner up so far. The car had been garaged indoors for over 3 years. I bought it used with 23,000 miles on it. So far this well maintained car is a pleasure to own. City mpg is only 11.5. I have not had it on the highway yet.

Dont sleep on this one !
By PMP on 07/18/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with 120k from a guy who didnt really keep up on the maintenance but I got her back to 100% in no time. Replaced the crank sensors (very common) I suggest you replace them before they go @ around 100k miles. Also replaced the cat (common as well) $300 so again not a big deal on a $53k car. The car uses about 2qts of oil every 3k miles which is common on northstars. Again not a big deal, just keep up on your oil changes. Ive owned alot of high end cars (audi,mercedes,jaguar,bmw) and must say this caddy is right up there with them ! I get compliments everywhere I go and its 8 yrs old ! Navigation is also easier to use than most factory units. Stop thinking go buy one !

high maintenance
By covergirl on 07/01/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car is high maintenance. this is my second cadillac and they both leaked oil. the low profile tires are horrible for chuck holes and the winter months. i don't get good "premium" gas mileage because of the engine. whenever you get repairs done it's extra because a lot of the parts are "cadillac" parts. it takes more oil and more of everything. and i always end up paying for new parts that wasn't even broken. but they have to take out to fix the problem.

Darth Vader's Cadillac
By Firestorm 500 on 02/05/09 14:41 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used black on black STS with 78K miles for my wife. Now it has 118K miles. Generally reliable. Have replaced battery, crank position sensors, engine air tube, engine cooling fan and a few other things. Others are right, car is expensive to have worked on, I only let Cadillac dealer do it. Rides nice, is quiet. Handles good. Bose 4.0 stereo very good. Car still looks good, many favorible comments. Good A/C. Roomy. Trunk is adequate. 300 HP Northstar will fly, but uses oil about 1 qt. every 700 miles or so. About 19 mpg city, 24 highway, regular fuel. Very good traction on wet roads or snow. Stabilitrak helps a lot. Has better build quality than my 97 Eldorado or 97 Catera.