Used 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Keeps going and going...
By vpw

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I am up to 129,000 miles. Still getting about 28 mpg highway, and 18 city. The biggest issue is the sound system speakers going "tinny". I have replaced two and need to do another. Had the a/c "serviced" and two years later I am still ICE COLD! Comfort and economy. Struts blew at 105,000 I went with aftermarket and the ride is fine, I do have a suspension warning light issue I ignore now, bought resisters to fix it but havent bothered. I'm very happy with this $12,000 used car I have driven 5 years now.

Favorite Features

Climate control, tilt tele wheel, nice seats, comfort, 2000 rpm at 72 mph.........

Suggested Improvements

Sound system, front heated seats broke too soon. Headlamps seem dim.

Money pit
By sweymer

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2007 and I really loved it until while I was driving the car would shut off. It was so quiet that you didn't know until you went to make a turn and the wheel would be locked. That cost a lot. It was a sensor. They don't tell you how expensive the parts are. The car will run great and I love how I can pick up and move on the road. I don't like that every other week I have this car in the shop and people are ripping me off on parts.

Favorite Features

The pick up and go. The engine and the style. I feel safe in this car

Suggested Improvements

It is a big car but the trunk is cut smaller and the door way to the back seats is smaller. Make the parts cheaper and the car made better. You can afford the car not the repairs

3 year review... of used sls
By indianavince

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Follow up to my review of buying a 66k used SLS in 2006. I am getting 32mpg on 300 mile highway trips. I now have 108,000 miles only issues since 66k is a blown speaker, new aftermarket front struts ($400) and a coil pack ($500). I am getting a little bored with the car but I still love the great highway MPG's and climate control that is so easy to use. This car eats up the miles. I am still happy.

Favorite Features

Long legged top gear 2000rpm at 72mph. Seat and tilt tele steering wheel. Sound deadening... it's pretty quiet. Don't even notice the engine until it revs. past 4000rpm (seldom does/needed)

Suggested Improvements

Suspension longevity switched to non OEM front struts at 100,000 miles when one strut lost it's oil. OEM replacemtns $3000, non OEM replacements $400.

Good and Bad
By Dan

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car and I think it is beautiful. However, there is something going bad about every month. New alternator, 30k miles, brake rotors turned 60k, new pistons, water pump, bearings 65k, all under warranty. Other repairs, about $3000. in 15 different repairs all before 95,000 miles. Bose radio is very good however the CD and cassett player has no tone control. Compared mine with new Cadillacs and found the same thing. Changing the Bass up or down made no difference. Complained to dealer and they said that is just the way the Bose is. Complained to Bose and never got a response. We never listen to music on this junk sound system. A friend also had new pistons in his 2002 Cad.

Favorite Features

Have always bought American cars and would like to continue but if this is the best GM can do, who knows. Gets about 27 to 28 mpg on the highway. Why would anyone buy a small cracker box to get only a couple mpg better?

Suggested Improvements

Make it more dependable and if Bose can't figure out how to get some sound controls that work on the CD player, GM should find another sound system. Perhaps the JBL. Dan

Sporty Caddy
By boili

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Bought the caddy used in 2007 and put already 20,000 miles on it. No problems so far. Fun to drive on highway and interstate. Gas mileage is quite good. Sometimes I get 26/gal. Uses more oil than any of my other cars. Dealership says it's within normal limits. Doesn't smoke or leaks oil though.

Favorite Features

Always more than enough power to pass when needed. The interior is nice and comfy. Quiet and subtle ride.

Suggested Improvements

Rain water drips in trunk when lid is opened. Really annoying.