2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Keeps going and going...
By vpw on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I am up to 129,000 miles. Still getting about 28 mpg highway, and 18 city. The biggest issue is the sound system speakers going "tinny". I have replaced two and need to do another. Had the a/c "serviced" and two years later I am still ICE COLD! Comfort and economy. Struts blew at 105,000 I went with aftermarket and the ride is fine, I do have a suspension warning light issue I ignore now, bought resisters to fix it but havent bothered. I'm very happy with this $12,000 used car I have driven 5 years now.

Money pit
By sweymer on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2007 and I really loved it until while I was driving the car would shut off. It was so quiet that you didn't know until you went to make a turn and the wheel would be locked. That cost a lot. It was a sensor. They don't tell you how expensive the parts are. The car will run great and I love how I can pick up and move on the road. I don't like that every other week I have this car in the shop and people are ripping me off on parts.

3 year review... of used sls
By indianavince on 04/20/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Follow up to my review of buying a 66k used SLS in 2006. I am getting 32mpg on 300 mile highway trips. I now have 108,000 miles only issues since 66k is a blown speaker, new aftermarket front struts ($400) and a coil pack ($500). I am getting a little bored with the car but I still love the great highway MPG's and climate control that is so easy to use. This car eats up the miles. I am still happy.

Good and Bad
By Dan on 02/02/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car and I think it is beautiful. However, there is something going bad about every month. New alternator, 30k miles, brake rotors turned 60k, new pistons, water pump, bearings 65k, all under warranty. Other repairs, about $3000. in 15 different repairs all before 95,000 miles. Bose radio is very good however the CD and cassett player has no tone control. Compared mine with new Cadillacs and found the same thing. Changing the Bass up or down made no difference. Complained to dealer and they said that is just the way the Bose is. Complained to Bose and never got a response. We never listen to music on this junk sound system. A friend also had new pistons in his 2002 Cad.

Sporty Caddy
By boili on 08/17/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Bought the caddy used in 2007 and put already 20,000 miles on it. No problems so far. Fun to drive on highway and interstate. Gas mileage is quite good. Sometimes I get 26/gal. Uses more oil than any of my other cars. Dealership says it's within normal limits. Doesn't smoke or leaks oil though.

Great Car, Even With The Broken Parts
By Allen on 05/08/08 15:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

There are a lot of problems with this car, but I attribute this to the high mileage. It has over 180,000 miles. Although the ABS is broken, Traction Control is broken, AC/Heat in drivers vents is broken, trunk leaks, rear cig lighter is gone, burns oil, the covers for the rear turn signals fell off (in the car wash), trunk popper is broken, I still LOVE this car. I love the sound system. I love the ability to overtake most anything on the road. It is very comfortable. I love how it can take unleaded fuel (thank God for that). When people say how "so much stuff is broken", I say it just has a personality.

2000 Cadillac Seville SLS
By H.C. Stanley, Jr. on 04/26/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Great car, fun to drive around town and on long trips. Around 30 mpg on open road. Luxury and class in one ride.

2000 Cadillac Seville
By wdonnellon on 03/28/07 13:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Great car, reliable, super performance, engine is probably the finest and most efficient on the road today. Problems with a/c, climate control and tranny. After several returns to dealer and 3 yrs, finally got a/c repaired. Tranny? Not yet repaired.

2000 Seville SLS
By smithlaw87 on 02/22/07 14:51 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

From the day that I purchased this car, I knew that I would like it. It drives well, and although I had early problems with it, lately it has performed very well and I have had only minor problems with it. I think the style is great, the sound system is excellent, and the comfort is off the charts. It rides very smoothly up to about 65 miles an hour, but I believe that there is a problem with the springs on all of the 2000 models where it becomes noticeably shaky until about 80 mph. The size isn't what I was hoping it to be. It's very roomy, don't get me wrong, but now that I think about it, it is a little bit big for my needs. The gas mileage isn't so great, but that isn't too important to me.

Love it!
By indianavince on 08/03/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I'm a car nut, and was in search of a lower cost high comfort second car. (wife's Toyotoa Highlander was too small for me on road trips). I have put nearly 7,500 miles on this car in three months. I considered a used Lexus, Buick, BMW 700L, and Jaguar. This Cadi rocks, the BMW's interiors didn't age well (all cars wer 4-6 years old). Lots of broken stuff. this was the same for the Audi A8. This Cadillac's only problems are seat heaters (front) and a brake sensor fix for $65! Take that German cars. I never thought I would drive a Cadi, but I can not fault this car, I would buy another in a moment! I get 28 MPG on highway and nearly 20 city! My Olds Alero only got 18 MPG in the city.