2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
2000 Seville STS, Great car but expensive to keep.
By fcareaga on 05/27/11 20:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 140k miles, I've put about 12k miles in the the last couple of years. I LOVE this car, but it's really expensive to keep up and I'm getting ready to sell it and get a Lexus LS400. The car is sexy, fast and comfortable, but everything goes wrong on it. It leaks coolant, probably has a bad head gasket, it starting idling rough, has the known vibration issue above 60 mph...and other minor issues. You would think that a car that was MSRP $54k would be built a bit better.

Amazing car
By jared194 on 04/23/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Absolutely amazing car, lucky to have as my first car, it was in bad shape tho. got it for 1000 sold for 2.5. Hard to let her go, the car has so many little features that even today's cars lack.

Keeps going and going...
By vpw on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I am up to 129,000 miles. Still getting about 28 mpg highway, and 18 city. The biggest issue is the sound system speakers going "tinny". I have replaced two and need to do another. Had the a/c "serviced" and two years later I am still ICE COLD! Comfort and economy. Struts blew at 105,000 I went with aftermarket and the ride is fine, I do have a suspension warning light issue I ignore now, bought resisters to fix it but havent bothered. I'm very happy with this $12,000 used car I have driven 5 years now.

Money pit
By sweymer on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2007 and I really loved it until while I was driving the car would shut off. It was so quiet that you didn't know until you went to make a turn and the wheel would be locked. That cost a lot. It was a sensor. They don't tell you how expensive the parts are. The car will run great and I love how I can pick up and move on the road. I don't like that every other week I have this car in the shop and people are ripping me off on parts.

Comfort and fun
By M. A. H. on 05/02/10 06:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

What a fun and comfortable car. The expense to repair items is a little disheartening. The car avg's 12.5 mpg with city driving but on the hwy that goes up to 20.5 mpg. The ability to seat 3 kids in the back seat is a plus but for adults the leg room is a little tight.

Love the car but Maintainance excessive
By BGB on 04/23/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Bought car used in July 2006. 73K kilometers, now 165K. LOVE the drive, the incredible Bose sound system, the handling and the acceleration. I have a bad back and the leather seats are sooo comfortable and great support. Sight lines are fabulous. Runs quite and no outside noise. Little things too. Pop the trunk and it opens right up, don't have to lift it. Open the hood and you don't have to put up a bar to keep it open. Everything is colour coded. Uses REGULAR gas. Great gas mileage on the hwy. Strong car too. Was rear ended and barely felt it. The seat seemed to wrap around me. Bumper had a big dent but the front end of the other car was a mess. Downside is the maintainance.

Great car
By Mike M on 06/28/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 45000 miles on it. Purchased a 100,000 mile extended warranty. This was a great car to own until the mileage hit 100,000. Then it started to cost me a lot of money. The car had constant oil leak problems which apparently are common with the Northstar engine. Some of the interior components are low in quality for what you expect from a Cadillac e.g. cup holders, garage opener knobs, seat adjustment controls. All broke. Other than the reliability issues, this was a great car to own. Powerful and smooth drive. Nav system, rear parking sensors, wiper sensors, leather seating are all great. Some parts are no longer available after 10 years.

3 year review... of used sls
By indianavince on 04/20/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Follow up to my review of buying a 66k used SLS in 2006. I am getting 32mpg on 300 mile highway trips. I now have 108,000 miles only issues since 66k is a blown speaker, new aftermarket front struts ($400) and a coil pack ($500). I am getting a little bored with the car but I still love the great highway MPG's and climate control that is so easy to use. This car eats up the miles. I am still happy.

Money Pit
By Mike M on 04/18/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used with 20,000 miles on it. Loved the looks and it was my first experience with a Cadillac. After the first two weeks the car wouldn't start and to have two starting sensors replaced. Then the tilt steering went bad, with those two items being covered by warranty. It was downhill from there. Have spent over $8,000 on car repairs in 5 years, not counting the potential cost for replacing a blown head gasket because I just traded it today. It has been by far the worst car I have ever owned...and oh yes, the car would shift into neutral when I drove it through water puddles when it would rain. I have a friend who is a cadillac mechanic and he couldn't figure it out.

Good and Bad
By Dan on 02/02/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car and I think it is beautiful. However, there is something going bad about every month. New alternator, 30k miles, brake rotors turned 60k, new pistons, water pump, bearings 65k, all under warranty. Other repairs, about $3000. in 15 different repairs all before 95,000 miles. Bose radio is very good however the CD and cassett player has no tone control. Compared mine with new Cadillacs and found the same thing. Changing the Bass up or down made no difference. Complained to dealer and they said that is just the way the Bose is. Complained to Bose and never got a response. We never listen to music on this junk sound system. A friend also had new pistons in his 2002 Cad.

1 2 3 4 5 next »