Used 2000 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

2000 Seville STS, Great car but expensive to keep.
By fcareaga

2000 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 140k miles, I've put about 12k miles in the the last couple of years. I LOVE this car, but it's really expensive to keep up and I'm getting ready to sell it and get a Lexus LS400. The car is sexy, fast and comfortable, but everything goes wrong on it. It leaks coolant, probably has a bad head gasket, it starting idling rough, has the known vibration issue above 60 mph...and other minor issues. You would think that a car that was MSRP $54k would be built a bit better.

The V8 Northstar...I'm going to miss this engine.

Coolant issue, AC issues, transmission, and the infamous "unknown" vibration at 60mph.

Amazing car
By jared194

2000 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Absolutely amazing car, lucky to have as my first car, it was in bad shape tho. got it for 1000 sold for 2.5. Hard to let her go, the car has so many little features that even today's cars lack.

v8 4.6 northstar makes driving fun, just set your foot into the peddle and it goes! ive driven mustangs and audis and infinitis, and none sound nearly as good as this northstar, it really pulls.

better reliatbility. mine was in bad condition because of the person before me, but if you keep them in good condition and dont consistantly drive them hard, they are amazing cars.

Keeps going and going...
By vpw

2000 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

I am up to 129,000 miles. Still getting about 28 mpg highway, and 18 city. The biggest issue is the sound system speakers going "tinny". I have replaced two and need to do another. Had the a/c "serviced" and two years later I am still ICE COLD! Comfort and economy. Struts blew at 105,000 I went with aftermarket and the ride is fine, I do have a suspension warning light issue I ignore now, bought resisters to fix it but havent bothered. I'm very happy with this $12,000 used car I have driven 5 years now.

Climate control, tilt tele wheel, nice seats, comfort, 2000 rpm at 72 mph.........

Sound system, front heated seats broke too soon. Headlamps seem dim.

Money pit
By sweymer

2000 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2007 and I really loved it until while I was driving the car would shut off. It was so quiet that you didn't know until you went to make a turn and the wheel would be locked. That cost a lot. It was a sensor. They don't tell you how expensive the parts are. The car will run great and I love how I can pick up and move on the road. I don't like that every other week I have this car in the shop and people are ripping me off on parts.

The pick up and go. The engine and the style. I feel safe in this car

It is a big car but the trunk is cut smaller and the door way to the back seats is smaller. Make the parts cheaper and the car made better. You can afford the car not the repairs

Comfort and fun
By M. A. H.

2000 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

What a fun and comfortable car. The expense to repair items is a little disheartening. The car avg's 12.5 mpg with city driving but on the hwy that goes up to 20.5 mpg. The ability to seat 3 kids in the back seat is a plus but for adults the leg room is a little tight.

Having owned a few other luxury cars Caddies have them all bet on comfort, it offers the most bag for the buck.

A engine that doesn't burn oil. My car burns about 1-1.5 quarts between oil changes.