1999 Cadillac Seville Consumer Review: Watch out for that "service st

1999 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Review

STS Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Watch out for that "service stability track/ abs" warning
By life02 on

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Just purchased my 99 STS 2 months ago after my 94 Eldo was backed into by a raised pickup; I had the Northstar oil leak controlled in the Eldo - it only had 88K miles on it - just loved the style/ ride; the STS has 1 previous owner; actually a "little old lady from Pasadena"; carfax showed 30+ entries for ALL services at dealer in Pasadena area; she even bought the tires there! No evidence of any major probs in the records; but then again, surprises do happen!

Love all the bells and whistles; this car is the stunning metallic green with caramel interior and gold striping; every option available including the huge console telephone - also wired into the car with steering wheel controls/ mic overhead and deeper in the console the cd changer; one can get OnStar with the car for the typical redic price! all the memory features are wonderful;

turns out the car had a small coolant leak - tube from thermostat to something else; which was dribbling coolant on two electronic components of the stability track and ABS systems; dealer wanted $999. for one and $3000 for the other component; my guys got both for $1000 plus the installation/ coolant system service/ oil service and new battery I was out the door for $1600; a man's gotta have an honest mechanic for sure these days! Still miss the sleek look of the Eldo though.