Used 1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Love my Caddy
By jlauria751

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I bought my STS in 2004 with 51,000 miles on it. I paid 13,000 which is a bargain. No other luxury car that came out in 1999 can even come close 2 matching the features for the price. Its not been without its problems. I replaced the brakes and rotors, and a power steering hose. My left side mirror is loose and the right passenger door molding fell off. There was a little bit of vibration between 70 to 80 mph but a good set of Michelin tires fixed that. There are a lot less problems than I would expect out of a 8 year old car. The car has never broken down on me. It only did not start once but the battery was completely dead.

Favorite Features

The Bose stereo is awesome, engine transmission are excellent, guages and display ave very nice, the seats are very comfortable and supportive, and are powered in every way I can think of the over all feel of the car makes you realize where the term it's the Cadillac of blank, came from

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioned seats, smart key technology, more back seat space, more cup holders, a nicer trunk, better placement of the battery maybe in the trunk, 6 cd in dash changer 18 inch rims and michelin energy tires standard, also a tire pressure monitoring system would be nice

PrincessSLS
By PrincessSLS

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Bought used and have owned this auto for 6 years now. 2 set of tires, 1 set of brakes, oil sending unit, front engine mount, center console lid, minor coolant leak and of course the extra quart of oil between oil changes. She has been a great car. Exceptional power to gas mileage ratio. Very quiet on the highway. Leather is the best quality that I have seen. Styling is still head turning. I have recently noticed that in turns the steering is sluggish and between 65 and 75 mph the car trembles. I have not had this trouble investigated. Occasionaly the computer system acts up with a variety of curious issues. Overall dependable, enjoyable, powerful well worth the price I paid.

Favorite Features

Northstar. Leather. Ride quality. Rain sensing wipers(these are incredible)

Suggested Improvements

Fit and finish of cabin materials. Visibilty (Drivers front pillar). Would have been nice to have this body style and rear wheel drive. Don't like the new STS

What a Let Down
By Richie

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about a year and a half. After having it for only two months it started over heating and burning oil like crazy, so I took it to two different Cadillac dealerships and neither of them could tell me what was wrong with it. So I took it to Pep Boys and had them look at it and they told me I had blown head gaskets. Seven months later I had the same problems again so I took it back to Cadillac and they said they had to do an engine decarb. Now I'm having electrical problems, my reverse lights donít work and it is not the light bulbs. I will never buy a Cadillac again.

Favorite Features

The power and interior features.

Great Car
By Maria

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I had a 1999 Cadillac Seville for four years without any problems. The sound system was great and it was really fun to drive with lots of power. There is nothing like that Northstar system in cars of this price range. I will definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

I liked the power of the car and the sound system best. It had a 6 CD system which was especially nice.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had the seat cooling system. It only had heat, which isn't necessary in Southern Cal.

Just Bought It!
By Tiffany

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I have only owned this vehicle for about a month now, but I can already say that I enjoy it very much. It has a smooth ride and is very comfortable. What I like the most about this particular Cadillac is it's simplicity to operate the fancy features.

Favorite Features

Definetly the Driver 1 & 2 settings.