1999 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
WHOA CADDY!
By Noblechild on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

I've only had the SLS for about a month it now has 30,000 miles on it. I love the handling and traction control. I stereo system is remarkable (10 speakers). This is a 50K+ car & I got it used for about half that. The body style compared to a brand new one is extremely hard to distinguish. This car really moves & I get lots of complements but mostly by middle age men. So far so good.

Dies when cornering
By Carol on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have a 99 STS. I love this car but have had some trouble with it. Noise on left side in engine area when turning left (was fixed). Tray under drivers seat came loose several times. Heater in drivers side had to be replaced. The car dies when corning or slowing down. It has had Super Tune up and crank sensor replaced. Cadillac has been called they know of the problem but don't know how to fix it.

american made/built quality???????
By dmscuba on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Traded my 96 STS for the 99 with 27000 mi. Lost room in the back seat and trunk. Lost 6 mpgal in fuel economy. Keys don't work on seat memory, exterior trim falls off, console cover fell off, power port cover fell off, seat belt unit came off, rear seat pass through not working. Ride is not quality. Dealership blames the tires, says they will replace them but it won't help, need to get a different brand. Shimmies at 62mph. This is probably my last Cadillac; imports offer better quality.

Better Wood Would Be Good
By MrRoadRage187 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought my STS in Nov. Super smooth ride , I will only buy a car with a V8 engine or larger...I like the 300HP ....The way it handles is great...(got me out of more then one sticky situtation)...But cornering could be better.....I like it better then the 1999 E-Class and I dont even consider BMWs.....The wood in the interior could be improved....and I need to buy a new fan for the drivers side heating system....Other then that Iam thrilled.....$53,000 NEW....Paid $26K...1999 is 99% identical to 2003 Model

response
By Fookes on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

I would like to know what the problem was with your car "aboalgab". My car does the samething. It was brought into the dealership today. The service rep pressed a couple buttons and pulled the error codes from the computer. All I know is sometimes when the car is started the ABS & Traction light will stay on. When that happens the compass won't work, the heat option won't work for the front seats, the e-brake won't disenguage, the speed sensitive steering gets tight and the climate control malfunctions. This could last 1 sec or 10 min. Then when the lights go out everything works fine. Has this happened to anyone else.

Princess Caddy
By JohnRL on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

2 years and 20K miles later. I find the styling to be exceptional inside and out. The cars power and handling are also very impressive. My SLS is missing a couple of options I would have ordered if buying new such as memory seats and heated seats. Interior leather quality is superiror. Ride is exceptional but could be a bit softer on the freeway. Problems with part of the steering mechanism which was repaired,the Goodyear tires were trash, and the brake rotors are not wearing evenly which makes for sluggish stops. A few minor rattles have popped up and the leather covering over the seatbelt housings is coming apart. Service department has been OUTSTANDING!

1999 cadillac sls seville
By jval on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

Very noisey on long trips. Body vibration at times between 60 and 72 miles per hour. Not enough front seat leg room for a 6 foot person.

STS
By Jgordon on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Had to get things replaced like an airbag light came up on the dashboard. When speed up to 60-70MPH it would rattle (got fixed) After a long drive shut it off and then you try to start it up again and it takes about 2-3 tries. Overall a good ride.

99 STS
By CHILLERMAN on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I drove a Concurs prior to the STS. I GOT OUT OF THYE CONCURS AT 235,000 miles. The STS is a delight in every way an automobile should be, however be prepared for a lot smaller car, especially in the rear seat and trunk. Every Northstar owner I have talked with will agree these things drink oil. It does not show up on the garage floor or the tail pipe, but always carry two quarts in your trunk.

Seville is the top O' the Line
By MikemiM on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

This was a birthday gift to me after a Nissan Altima. I wish it had the extra 25HP like the STS but it seems strong and dependable. I am not afraid to take curves at any speed and the ride is silky smooth. After months I still receive compliments from strangers! Everything works as advertised especially the Bose stereo! It is the best radio/CD/CD changer that I have ever used.