1999 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews 3

1999 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
High Miles
By Caddy STS on 05/29/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I got my STS when it had 95,000 miles on it. I paid $9,500 and it was in great condition. I had some concerns about it breaking down and being expensive to repair. I put 20,000 miles on it this year and I have only had small problem. It needed new spark plugs and wires at 10,500 and a new water pump at 114,000. I had a small problem with the heater core getting clogged up, but I used some cleaner and it was fine. I keep blowing the speakers listening in music very loud, but I replace this with great after market speakers. It rides great and performs wonderfully. I rough idea and oil burning is to be expected. O love this car and I paid pocket change for it. Everyone thinks I spent $30,000

What are you waiting for . . .
By rob on 05/22/05 23:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

If you've never driven one of these beauties, I suggest you do so. They are so awesome, you might never sit on your couch again. I feel like royalty cruising in this machine. The worst part is arriving at your destination.They are one of the best cars for the money. Buy it used and you wont get the beating. These cars are priced to sell when they get turned in. Most of the original owners didnt know how to smoke the tires, so they are barely broken in. My STS loves to go, and you don't even feel like you are moving. Despite the rumors of the faulty engines and bad transmissions, i've never had a problem with either!

Fantastic Fun
By MLucas on 12/06/04 23:08 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I've owned many GM vehicles and several Cadillacs but this STS is the best yet. It's incredible to drive with it's 300hp and tight road huggging. I love stomping down on the accelerator and flying. Mine is a black on black color and it turns heads and get comments everywhere I go. Fit and Finish are great, no problems at all other than faulty gas guage.

Bad luck..Poor quality..or Lemon?????
By tv12345 on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought the vehicle with 49k. Within the first 2-wks I replaced the gear shifter, thermostat, power steering pump, passenger door speaker, struts, condensation build up in front and back lights, and one of the ac vents (all covered under wrnty). At 55k, the radio started to turn off on occasion and passenger heated seat doesn't work..never fixed..at 60k (all within one week) my service air bag light came on, water pump and battery went bad, cylinder needs replaced. I just replaced the brakes/rotors...I'm finished with Cadillac and trading the vehicle in.

Pretty good
By Smartnick on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Cadillac now and so far ive put 3,000 mi on it and its doin really good. Hope that it will go for quite a while with no or little problems I really think it will. Northstars are great motors last forever and 27mpg on the highway.

The Truth about my STS
By teezy on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Let me just say that as a German car enthusiast first I was reluctant to give this car a chance but after persistance from my son I did and I'm greatfull to him I will remain loyal to this 99 Cadillac STS at a whopping 300 horse power I find myself effortlesly passing people on the freeway as if they were sitting still I am won over forever with this car do yourself a favor

Poor
By Sandie on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

I thought that the name Cadillac meant reliability but everything big and expensive has gone bad on this car. Just recently I had to replace the Briggs and Stratton steering system. Poor, poor, poor. I'll never buy another Cadillac.

Cadillac not so great
By Hubert L Cox on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Bought the vehicle with 25K on it. Had to have speakers, fog light assembly, fuel pump and driver side interior door pannel replaced all within 6 months. It was still under warranty so there was no cost. At 51K miles, the engine went out and had to be replaced at a cost of $8,000.00. They ran tests and could not determine why the engine blew. At any rate, Cadillac and the dealer refused to help with the replacement cost or any portion of it since it was over the 50K mile limit.

I have owned 3 and I will buy another
By all out of names on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Sure it looks cool and 300 horsepower sounds good...but you must drive one to fall in love.

American Flagship?
By johnpetes on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Great engine, transmission, and heating and A/C, then GM has always done that well. Poor fit and finish, part of dash separating, back of drivers seat has always been loose, under seat tray never has worked. Too many major things gone wrong in 50 K miles. Power seat replaced, front struts replaced, electrical problems, poor braking. Handled under warranty but VERY expensive. Scared to death that I'll have to eat one of these whopper bills before the lease is up. If I'd gotten a 99 Lexus LS400 (the price was the same)it's tradein value would be many thousands higher than the STS. Would not buy again!