Used 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

engine breaks fast
By drivinitsoftly

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

owned the car 3 years had engine rebuilt ($5k at 50K miles), followed 2 years later by a cracked casing which was going to cost another 2k. this car is a money pit. avoid at all ALL costs.

Bose stereo, Northstar

Engine reliability

Seville
By James

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I love the gas mileage for a big car. Weird right. I bought it at 93,000 miles i put 30,000 on that. I love the design the luxury the creature comforts (which today's cars are just putting in) & of course the power of the north star V8 engine oh my. The things i hate the most are repairs, parts & reliability. The car runs smooth feel great but cost to much money to repair. I had my water pump replaced for $400 worn O ring almost ruined the entire engine. Left rear shock for $1,000 it burst. Still got to get the internal oil/coolant leak fix that will be an arm & leg. Brakes for $500. Molding on door for $120. Its like a girl who wants a sugar daddy to be pampered.

Gas mileage 15 city up to 30 highway. HUD. Power 0-60 mph wow. Leather heated seats. Stock Bose stereo with 12" sub with 425 amp. Stock OEM polished aluminum wheels. Heated rear window/ side mirrors. Rain sensing wipers. Memory package.

Cheaper parts. 60-140 could be more lively. Cheaper parts again. better engine design these ones leak/consume oil/ coolant a lot. Better heating/cooling controls & more vents for backseat.

Better with each passing mile
By Super High Mile STS

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Love this Caddy! Bought it with 167K on the clock. No leaks! Runs strong and 18.5 mpg city and 26 hwy! Can you beleive it? Great inside and out. I have never loved a car this much! Slate Gray exterior on light beige leather. Every conceiveable option except a sunroof. North V8 best engine around! Deep throaty sound upon acceleration. Still a head turner...

Power seats, Power tilt wheel and the sound it makes when you accelerate!

Satellite Radio

Love THis Car
By David

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

My SLS is the first luxury car I've owned. It has 109,000 miles on it.This car is quick, responsive and performs very well. I've had it for about 9 months and love driving it. Since I bought it I have only had to take care of mminor maintainance. Since moving to Colorado I notice that it starts running much warmer when going up steep grades. The Temp control unit for the heat and a/c has recently gone out and the trunk leaks. I get great gas mileage with this car and have gotten it as high as 26 mpg avg.

Comfortable seats, great stereo, exit seat positioning, 6cd player, great mileage for a V-8 and it's fast. Love my cloth roof.

Put the 6 cd changer in the trunk. Don't have cup holders in the front with it installed. Auto up power windows.

ED39206
By ED39206

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

My mother bought this vehicle after my dad died in '99. Thank God for warranties. When it ran out, let the fun begin. They use cheap quality parts and is not equal to the price you pay. Last night, March 20, 2008, the bolts and lug nuts broke off the front tire, leaving only one to hold the tire on, the other one that was on was loose. Today they tell me the hub assembly for the opposite wheel needs to be replaced. WHAT! This car only has 60,000 miles!!! Not to mention the oil leak that was reported back in December '07. That will cost about $6,000. The price you pay for a cadillac is not worth the value.

Drives good and ride good, when it's drivable. Smooth ride when there's no issue with the tires.

Start using quality parts so the life of the vehicle will last and stop ripping folks off.