1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
engine breaks fast
By drivinitsoftly on 01/03/13 16:47 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

owned the car 3 years had engine rebuilt ($5k at 50K miles), followed 2 years later by a cracked casing which was going to cost another 2k. this car is a money pit. avoid at all ALL costs.

Seville
By James on 04/29/10 11:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I love the gas mileage for a big car. Weird right. I bought it at 93,000 miles i put 30,000 on that. I love the design the luxury the creature comforts (which today's cars are just putting in) & of course the power of the north star V8 engine oh my. The things i hate the most are repairs, parts & reliability. The car runs smooth feel great but cost to much money to repair. I had my water pump replaced for $400 worn O ring almost ruined the entire engine. Left rear shock for $1,000 it burst. Still got to get the internal oil/coolant leak fix that will be an arm & leg. Brakes for $500. Molding on door for $120. Its like a girl who wants a sugar daddy to be pampered.

Better with each passing mile
By Super High Mile STS on 11/17/09 20:20 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Love this Caddy! Bought it with 167K on the clock. No leaks! Runs strong and 18.5 mpg city and 26 hwy! Can you beleive it? Great inside and out. I have never loved a car this much! Slate Gray exterior on light beige leather. Every conceiveable option except a sunroof. North V8 best engine around! Deep throaty sound upon acceleration. Still a head turner...

Love THis Car
By David on 06/18/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

My SLS is the first luxury car I've owned. It has 109,000 miles on it.This car is quick, responsive and performs very well. I've had it for about 9 months and love driving it. Since I bought it I have only had to take care of mminor maintainance. Since moving to Colorado I notice that it starts running much warmer when going up steep grades. The Temp control unit for the heat and a/c has recently gone out and the trunk leaks. I get great gas mileage with this car and have gotten it as high as 26 mpg avg.

ED39206
By ED39206 on 03/20/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

My mother bought this vehicle after my dad died in '99. Thank God for warranties. When it ran out, let the fun begin. They use cheap quality parts and is not equal to the price you pay. Last night, March 20, 2008, the bolts and lug nuts broke off the front tire, leaving only one to hold the tire on, the other one that was on was loose. Today they tell me the hub assembly for the opposite wheel needs to be replaced. WHAT! This car only has 60,000 miles!!! Not to mention the oil leak that was reported back in December '07. That will cost about $6,000. The price you pay for a cadillac is not worth the value.

Unbelievable Quality
By Caddy on 03/17/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new! I formally had an Acura Legend. This car has been more reliable than the Acura, nicer to drive and has only had to have a water pump in the first 100,000 miles. My mechanic tells me that the engine should be good to 300,000 miles. My cadillac dealer has been awesome. I would buy another.

A Wow Car for 1999
By Marshall on 02/24/08 17:10 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this automobile from a dealership in July 2007 with only 19700 miles on it. My first used car, been driving Buicks for years. This car turns heads, mint condition with black on black. Rides better and has options that the 2008 Buick Lucerne still does not have. A wonderful ride and great power. Gas mileage is poor, but I already knew that. Have put 4000 troble free miles on it. Trying to keep it mint. Was able to pick up a two year $100 deductable policy due to low mileage. Never will buy a Buick again. Love this machine.

PrincessSLS
By PrincessSLS on 07/17/07 07:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Bought used and have owned this auto for 6 years now. 2 set of tires, 1 set of brakes, oil sending unit, front engine mount, center console lid, minor coolant leak and of course the extra quart of oil between oil changes. She has been a great car. Exceptional power to gas mileage ratio. Very quiet on the highway. Leather is the best quality that I have seen. Styling is still head turning. I have recently noticed that in turns the steering is sluggish and between 65 and 75 mph the car trembles. I have not had this trouble investigated. Occasionaly the computer system acts up with a variety of curious issues. Overall dependable, enjoyable, powerful well worth the price I paid.

What a Let Down
By Richie on 09/27/06 15:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about a year and a half. After having it for only two months it started over heating and burning oil like crazy, so I took it to two different Cadillac dealerships and neither of them could tell me what was wrong with it. So I took it to Pep Boys and had them look at it and they told me I had blown head gaskets. Seven months later I had the same problems again so I took it back to Cadillac and they said they had to do an engine decarb. Now I'm having electrical problems, my reverse lights don’t work and it is not the light bulbs. I will never buy a Cadillac again.

Great Car
By Maria on 03/01/06 16:34 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I had a 1999 Cadillac Seville for four years without any problems. The sound system was great and it was really fun to drive with lots of power. There is nothing like that Northstar system in cars of this price range. I will definitely buy another one.