1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Northstar engine bad design
By johnr24 on 04/07/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The Northstar engine until about 2002 had lugbolts that were too short. So it blows a headgasket climbing hills. $3500 to repair with new longer bolts. No old high mileage Northstars ,only dead ones. Engine not considered rebuildable. A Cadillac engine design mistake (30 yr Cad owner)

The people from government moters should be sued for producing a bucket of junk
By steve470 on 02/02/13 11:51 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I will never buy another Cadillac for as long as I live they are a hunk of junk and the people that make them know it...JUNK

engine breaks fast
By drivinitsoftly on 01/03/13 16:47 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

owned the car 3 years had engine rebuilt ($5k at 50K miles), followed 2 years later by a cracked casing which was going to cost another 2k. this car is a money pit. avoid at all ALL costs.

Watch out for that "service stability track/ abs" warning
By life02 on 08/11/11 16:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Just purchased my 99 STS 2 months ago after my 94 Eldo was backed into by a raised pickup; I had the Northstar oil leak controlled in the Eldo - it only had 88K miles on it - just loved the style/ ride; the STS has 1 previous owner; actually a "little old lady from Pasadena"; carfax showed 30+ entries for ALL services at dealer in Pasadena area; she even bought the tires there! No evidence of any major probs in the records; but then again, surprises do happen!

Dream car! Well, When It runs right...
By ingloriousish on 08/07/11 02:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I absolutely LOVE the feel of sliding in my car, turning that key (steering wheel, Seat AND mirrors adjust accordingly) and feeling that sexy piece of Northstar purr. But on the honest note, It has it's problems. I bought it used w/ 130,000. I've had one episode of overheating. Aside from that, It'll go to 3/4 temp gauge, drop and run nominal from there... If anyone has an answer for that, Feel free to holler at me! Anyway, INCREDIBLE car. Totally worth the money as long as you're willing to put some more into it!

Seville
By James on 04/29/10 11:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I love the gas mileage for a big car. Weird right. I bought it at 93,000 miles i put 30,000 on that. I love the design the luxury the creature comforts (which today's cars are just putting in) & of course the power of the north star V8 engine oh my. The things i hate the most are repairs, parts & reliability. The car runs smooth feel great but cost to much money to repair. I had my water pump replaced for $400 worn O ring almost ruined the entire engine. Left rear shock for $1,000 it burst. Still got to get the internal oil/coolant leak fix that will be an arm & leg. Brakes for $500. Molding on door for $120. Its like a girl who wants a sugar daddy to be pampered.

Thinking of buying 1? Research gaskets
By No more GM's on 04/22/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Worst motor ever. I've spent over 5k at the dealer and now it needed a new engine.

Better with each passing mile
By Super High Mile STS on 11/17/09 20:20 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Love this Caddy! Bought it with 167K on the clock. No leaks! Runs strong and 18.5 mpg city and 26 hwy! Can you beleive it? Great inside and out. I have never loved a car this much! Slate Gray exterior on light beige leather. Every conceiveable option except a sunroof. North V8 best engine around! Deep throaty sound upon acceleration. Still a head turner...

Love THis Car
By David on 06/18/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

My SLS is the first luxury car I've owned. It has 109,000 miles on it.This car is quick, responsive and performs very well. I've had it for about 9 months and love driving it. Since I bought it I have only had to take care of mminor maintainance. Since moving to Colorado I notice that it starts running much warmer when going up steep grades. The Temp control unit for the heat and a/c has recently gone out and the trunk leaks. I get great gas mileage with this car and have gotten it as high as 26 mpg avg.

Love My New Caddy
By jlauria751 on 03/18/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I had an accident with my previous 99 sts. I missed it so much I purchased the exact same car. Its a great car it drives identically to my previous cadillac. which was a suprise because I bought with 115,000 miles. My best advice in keeping a car running well is Change The Oil Every 3,000 miles! I put synthetic in my car and never go past 4,500 miles never. In this car the most expensive repair was a steering rack$500, I put in a bose door speaker $230 worth every penny, and had to replace a motor mount $110 installed. It helps to work for a dealership and get employee price. I burn 3/4 of a pint of oil between oil changes not bad. although these cars are known for drinking oil.

1 2 3 4 5 next »