1999 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Northstar engine bad design
By johnr24 on 04/07/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

The Northstar engine until about 2002 had lugbolts that were too short. So it blows a headgasket climbing hills. $3500 to repair with new longer bolts. No old high mileage Northstars ,only dead ones. Engine not considered rebuildable. A Cadillac engine design mistake (30 yr Cad owner)

The people from government moters should be sued for producing a bucket of junk
By steve470 on 02/02/13 11:51 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I will never buy another Cadillac for as long as I live they are a hunk of junk and the people that make them know it...JUNK

Watch out for that "service stability track/ abs" warning
By life02 on 08/11/11 16:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Just purchased my 99 STS 2 months ago after my 94 Eldo was backed into by a raised pickup; I had the Northstar oil leak controlled in the Eldo - it only had 88K miles on it - just loved the style/ ride; the STS has 1 previous owner; actually a "little old lady from Pasadena"; carfax showed 30+ entries for ALL services at dealer in Pasadena area; she even bought the tires there! No evidence of any major probs in the records; but then again, surprises do happen!

Dream car! Well, When It runs right...
By ingloriousish on 08/07/11 02:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I absolutely LOVE the feel of sliding in my car, turning that key (steering wheel, Seat AND mirrors adjust accordingly) and feeling that sexy piece of Northstar purr. But on the honest note, It has it's problems. I bought it used w/ 130,000. I've had one episode of overheating. Aside from that, It'll go to 3/4 temp gauge, drop and run nominal from there... If anyone has an answer for that, Feel free to holler at me! Anyway, INCREDIBLE car. Totally worth the money as long as you're willing to put some more into it!

Thinking of buying 1? Research gaskets
By No more GM's on 04/22/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Worst motor ever. I've spent over 5k at the dealer and now it needed a new engine.

Love My New Caddy
By jlauria751 on 03/18/09 17:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I had an accident with my previous 99 sts. I missed it so much I purchased the exact same car. Its a great car it drives identically to my previous cadillac. which was a suprise because I bought with 115,000 miles. My best advice in keeping a car running well is Change The Oil Every 3,000 miles! I put synthetic in my car and never go past 4,500 miles never. In this car the most expensive repair was a steering rack$500, I put in a bose door speaker $230 worth every penny, and had to replace a motor mount $110 installed. It helps to work for a dealership and get employee price. I burn 3/4 of a pint of oil between oil changes not bad. although these cars are known for drinking oil.

10 years running
By Md driver on 01/23/09 05:53 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought mine new in 1999. 10 years later it's still going strong. 142,000 miles on it now. It had a few issues in the first 50,000 miles, all of which were covered under warranty, a leak in the trunk, the seat heater broke and a leak in the sun roof. right now the only issue is it needs a quart of oil between oil changes and the ABS needs repair.

You have to buy one of these!
By Jason Kinney on 11/25/08 18:28 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used a few years ago. It had around 90K miles on it got it for $7500 a steal. Actully got this and a Deville both 1999 these are great cars if you take care of them. If you don't do proper maintance you might as well not buy a car at all no matter what type of car you get you will have problems if you don't take care of them. This car has had issues to take care of just like any used car the biggest mistake to make with this car is to buy it brand new unless you have an extra $50K laying around that you don't care to throw around all in all this is a great car.

Love my Caddy
By jlauria751 on 10/22/07 21:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought my STS in 2004 with 51,000 miles on it. I paid 13,000 which is a bargain. No other luxury car that came out in 1999 can even come close 2 matching the features for the price. Its not been without its problems. I replaced the brakes and rotors, and a power steering hose. My left side mirror is loose and the right passenger door molding fell off. There was a little bit of vibration between 70 to 80 mph but a good set of Michelin tires fixed that. There are a lot less problems than I would expect out of a 8 year old car. The car has never broken down on me. It only did not start once but the battery was completely dead.

High Miles
By Caddy STS on 05/29/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I got my STS when it had 95,000 miles on it. I paid $9,500 and it was in great condition. I had some concerns about it breaking down and being expensive to repair. I put 20,000 miles on it this year and I have only had small problem. It needed new spark plugs and wires at 10,500 and a new water pump at 114,000. I had a small problem with the heater core getting clogged up, but I used some cleaner and it was fine. I keep blowing the speakers listening in music very loud, but I replace this with great after market speakers. It rides great and performs wonderfully. I rough idea and oil burning is to be expected. O love this car and I paid pocket change for it. Everyone thinks I spent $30,000