1998 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Great Car!
By MacDaddyCaddie on 04/23/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have only owned sports cars, '95 Camaro Z28, '92 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, '04 MINI Cooper S. So for me to change to a luxury vehicle was a bit of a step. But this vehicle surprised me with its acceleration. I was hooked after the first drive. Comfort is great! It is hard to find a car that performs decently, and is comfortable. It doesn't handle very well, but I didn't buy it for that. I can't see myself with out a Caddilac & MINI. One for road trips, the other for beatin' up the streets!

1998 STS
By James Anderson on 02/17/05 21:45 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I love the ride, power, confort, style of the car. Things I don't like: It burns a quart of oil every 1,500 miles, have had problems with the heating and air controls from time to time.

Great Caddy
By Larry on 12/08/04 22:28 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

My 1989 Seville STS is my first Cadillac and I don't think that it will be my last. I love it! The seats are so comfortable, the motor is very powerful, the ride is very smooth and it looks very good.

1998 SLS
By wjries1 on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

The car is a real pleasure. Only concern is electronic are a hit or miss. Front bumper appears loose but dealership(s) say that is the norm.

98 Seville SLS
By Mr. Bean on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan

My wife and I purchased this vehicle used in 2000. We have had to replace the drivers seat heater (the whole cushion)that was warrantied. One electric window motor; warrantied. Oil changes are more than normal; the Northstar V8 holds about 9 quarts of oil. Great comfort and conveniences but an expensive vehicle overall to maintain.

VERY HAPPY 98 STS OWNER
By GERMEEZY1 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have a 98 STS it has abt 70,000 miles I have been very happy with it being my second sts. i owned a 94 sts previously. I love the performance and the handling at 1st was not up to BMW/MB/AUDI standards but I put 20" wheels on it and with 255/35/20 kumho ecsta tires it handles like a dream! I will be buying a 2005 STS when they debut. I drove an 03' with magnaride and that was a revelation! Overall I average 20 mpg which is better than my fiances 330CI and having driven a lot of cars nothing in its class rides as good on big wheels including A6 and 540i

Look Elsewhere For A Used Car
By Buzz Lightyear on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I put a lot of money into this car. When it worked, it worked well. It just didn't work well for very long or very often. Finally, 3 weeks after putting another $500 into maintenance (and telling dealer about idle problems and handling problems) the car's "Check Suspension System" warning came on and driving the car became like riding a bucking bull.

Cadillac Rules !
By cdiamond2@socal.rr on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

This 98 STS is the best. Got all the options. Had to look hard for the wood steering wheel and 4 heated seats. I get outstanding MPG on the highway or hot rod V-8 power. Love the Diamond/white paint and comfy interior. Have other fast cars but this one rocks !!!

Standard - period.. is it suppose to be?
By Smithee on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have owed this 1998 for about 12 months. I live in MN but picked it up in AZ with 2100 miles! Certainly an overall step up from the 1998 I owned. But, it is just standard in its drive and build. Now this would not alarm me for a 4 year old car but it is the same car you can purchase for 50K plus new. I think this is Cadi's best attempt yet but still misses the mark when held up to BMW, Mercedes and Audi. If they could just tighten up the ride and build. I buy them new and used and will forever but hoping GM can just go that extra three feet to the rest of the pack to which they compare themselves.

'98 STS
By tcpconsort on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

This is the best touring sedan I've owned. It handles great without a punishing ride. The heated seats are a great option especially with leather. You can't beat the Northstar engine for performance but the gas mileage is not that good. Overall it's a grea