Too bad it's FWD
By Silvester on
1997 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan
My 1997 Cadillac Seville provides fantastic value for the money, especially as a used vehicle. I bought mine in 2002 for $8,000 with 101,000 miles on it and traded it in yesterday for a '97 Infiniti Q45. I traded the car for an Infiniti because I wanted a rear wheel drive car again as I dislike FWD but I could not afford the newer RWD STS that came our in '04. My car needed a few repairs over last two years, nothing out of the ordinary for a luxury car of its type. The Northstar V8 started leaking a lot of oil at 140,000 miles but it's not a reliability issue so I just added a quart every week, $3 a week is no big deal. Advice: If you need to get the struts/air ride replaced go with Arnott. They're a great aftermarket company and the cost for parts is $700 versus $2,000 through GM.
Favorite Features
POWER! this thing goes like a bat out of hell. The seats are super comfortable and the Bose stereo is top notch. I'm a traditionalist and car enthusiast so I always tell people that I hate the fact that the '93-'03 STS is FWD and only comes in automatic. That aside it's a great luxury car. Thanks GM.
Suggested Improvements
The trunk latch pull down broke after 135,000 miles. Cadillac already fixed the leaky Northstar engine and made the car RWD so I'll buy a used '04 someday after I'm bored with my Q45. GM makes a great car for the money. If you don't mind paying a slight premium to drive a Caddy you'll love the car to death!