1997 Cadillac Seville Consumer Review: Some things to learn from Olds

1997 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Review

STS Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Some things to learn from Olds...
By R. Gotfried on

1997 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Bought my STS 2 yrs ago, with 50,000 mi. in great shape. The STS has great styling. People ask me what it is and what year, as it still looks sharp. I've had problems with oil burn since I got it & have to top it up several times between oil changes. A few of my beefs relate to the stupidity of GM not sharing some good features between similar vehicles. My last car was a fully dressed 1997 (same year) Olds LSS..I called it a baby Caddy, as the interiors were almost identical! The superior features: 1) Double folding sun visors for side/front coverage; 2) Reading lights in centre iso above window; 3) Hole in rear arm rest to allow for skis/longer items to pass thru Learn from Olds!

Styling; power; size.

I just cannot fathom why a fully dressed Olds would have better features than a Caddy! Caddy, get your head out of the sand and pay attention! These little items noted above are just aggravating and against the idea that Caddy would be the creme de la creme of the GM line.