1996 Cadillac Seville Consumer Review: Used 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Review

Used 1996 Cadillac Seville STS
By rob42240 on

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Cadillac Seville STS in 2001 and it had approximately 37,000 miles on it. I also purchased an extended warranty for it for $1,800, which at the time I thought was a little expensive. It actually ended up paying for itself. All of the problems with this car were fairly minor, but they seemed to add up. A water pump went bad and was replaced. One of the power window motors had to be replaced. I had all of the hoses and belts changed out, new brakes put on and I replaced the blower motor for the air conditioning (I wouldn't do it again myself - take my word for it, you don't want to do it). Oh, the compressor for the air conditioner went out and was replaced under the insurance. I have 107,000 miles on the car and I haven't had any problem lately.

Favorite Features

I love the way it handles and the interior is very comfortable. I drive it back and forth to work every day. It gets about 18 or 19 miles per gallon, and that is stop and go driving. On the freeway with four adults it gets about 24 to 26 miles to the gallon. I'll tell you, I love this car.

Suggested Improvements

Oil consumption is a problem, I have to put in a couple of quarts between changes (every 3,000 miles). It may be because I have 107,000 miles on the car and I have no idea what the prior owner did or did not do, as far as maintenance is concerned.