Used 1996 Cadillac Seville Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

1996 Cadillac Seville

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Fabulous Car in All Aspects
By Kent Bennet

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Back in '96 I paid $52,000 for this car brand new with all the options and it has been worth every penny. The ride is very smooth and there is hardly any road noise. I really like the exterior styling and the chrome wheels looked nice as well. The interior was possibly my favorite part of the car, heated seats and the Bose system was awesome. The fuel economy was maybe my least favorite part, but the mileage was decent for a V8. The only problems was premature brake wear and a slight burning of oil. I had to add a quart every 3,000 miles. Other than that I had no problems with this car. I hope the new STS I bought will be just as good as this STS Seville. It had 181,000 miles and still ran very well.

Interior design and the engine was nice. It could sprint to 60 in around six seconds and had it going 120 on some back roads, the suspension on this car was awesome as well with the ability to take high speed turns.

Nothing comes to mind, maybe a few thousand less on the sticker price.

Love this Car
By Me

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car back in November and am glad that I did. It has so many features you would not expect in a car that is this old. The Northstar is an awesome engine and burns a little oil. The styling of the car is really nice as well.

Very Nice Car
By Dave

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car. I was going to buy a newer LS but saw this car for sale and decided to drive it. I was really impressed. Its handling is great and EXTREMELY responsive. The car has 145,000 miles on it and it runs fine. I probably will only have it for another year, but it will keep me satisfied. I might stick with another Cadillac for my next car.

The engine is very powerful. The sound system is nice, but like the last guy said it's not VERY loud. The seats are very comfortable, even in the back and all the features work properly.

The gas mileage is just OK, averaging almost 17 to the gallon (I guess that is not bad for an 8). It has lots of torque steer, but that is to be expected with a powerful 8-cylinder front wheel drive car.

Nice Car
By Freddy L.

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have never had any problems with my Seville except for minor oil burn, about one quart every 1,500 - 2,000 miles. Other than that nothing. This car is extremely responsive and takes high speed turns very well for a 3800 vehicle. The Bose stereo system sounds nice but is not spectacularly loud. The low beam headlights do not have great range, but high beams are fantastically bright.

Great Car
By Arthur

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I paid over $45,000 for this car brand new so I hoped that it would be worth it and it was. There are so many features it is amazing and they all work well. The Northstar engine still runs like it is new with 139,000 miles on it. I have been very fortunate and not had any problems with the oil burning.

All the features and my personal favorite, the Northstar engine.

This car cost $45,000+ brand new. I'm not sure I'd pay that much for another car again. Also, 7.5 quarts per oil change gets to be expensive.