Used 1996 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Love looks-many problems
By Cheryl

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 9000 miles.Bought extended warranty to 86,000 miles (lucky for me.Had engine replaced 40,000 miles-5 truck latches-4 sets of brakes-alarm-6 oxygen sensors-water pump-fuel inject-steering column smoked-heater core-air condition does not work-brakes wear uneven-brake light switch-blinker light switch. Told all problems are common for this car. Maybe we would think about improving.Also ABS and engine light always on now-whats up with that? I love the style and comfort. What a nightmare of a car.I now need to new headlight assemblies that are about $700.00 from Cadillac.I have 179,000 miles on it at this time.Oil use is still more than normal. Mileage 19-20 in town,24-28 on highway.

I love the comfort and ease of driving.The style of the car is awesome.Traveling is real enjoyable in this car.I have rented alot of cars while on trips and still love to come back home to my STS.

Do you really want to hear. Oil consumption.

Great car!
By stsgirl96

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I have a 96 STS pear white. I bought it used with 160,000 miles. I am its 4th owner. I have owned alot of cars and I have to say by far that this one is the best. Yes, maintenance on these are quite expensive, but so are lexus and bmw maintenance. I think this is a great quality car. I have had alot of the same problems as others but I still love this car! Its a personal preferance. Either you love it or you hate it. I love it!

Love the sleek body design and the roar of the northstar when you put your foot into it. Love the Bose! I like how comfortable the seats are.

Fabulous Car in All Aspects
By Kent Bennet

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Back in '96 I paid $52,000 for this car brand new with all the options and it has been worth every penny. The ride is very smooth and there is hardly any road noise. I really like the exterior styling and the chrome wheels looked nice as well. The interior was possibly my favorite part of the car, heated seats and the Bose system was awesome. The fuel economy was maybe my least favorite part, but the mileage was decent for a V8. The only problems was premature brake wear and a slight burning of oil. I had to add a quart every 3,000 miles. Other than that I had no problems with this car. I hope the new STS I bought will be just as good as this STS Seville. It had 181,000 miles and still ran very well.

Interior design and the engine was nice. It could sprint to 60 in around six seconds and had it going 120 on some back roads, the suspension on this car was awesome as well with the ability to take high speed turns.

Nothing comes to mind, maybe a few thousand less on the sticker price.

Love this Car
By Me

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car back in November and am glad that I did. It has so many features you would not expect in a car that is this old. The Northstar is an awesome engine and burns a little oil. The styling of the car is really nice as well.

Very Nice Car
By Dave

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car. I was going to buy a newer LS but saw this car for sale and decided to drive it. I was really impressed. Its handling is great and EXTREMELY responsive. The car has 145,000 miles on it and it runs fine. I probably will only have it for another year, but it will keep me satisfied. I might stick with another Cadillac for my next car.

The engine is very powerful. The sound system is nice, but like the last guy said it's not VERY loud. The seats are very comfortable, even in the back and all the features work properly.

The gas mileage is just OK, averaging almost 17 to the gallon (I guess that is not bad for an 8). It has lots of torque steer, but that is to be expected with a powerful 8-cylinder front wheel drive car.