1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Love looks-many problems
By Cheryl on 08/22/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 9000 miles.Bought extended warranty to 86,000 miles (lucky for me.Had engine replaced 40,000 miles-5 truck latches-4 sets of brakes-alarm-6 oxygen sensors-water pump-fuel inject-steering column smoked-heater core-air condition does not work-brakes wear uneven-brake light switch-blinker light switch. Told all problems are common for this car. Maybe we would think about improving.Also ABS and engine light always on now-whats up with that? I love the style and comfort. What a nightmare of a car.I now need to new headlight assemblies that are about $700.00 from Cadillac.I have 179,000 miles on it at this time.Oil use is still more than normal. Mileage 19-20 in town,24-28 on highway.

My Caddie, my comfort.
By Milano on 08/25/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from dealer with 40,000 miles on it. Dealer has free 90 days warranty. Brought it back week before warranty expired, and dealer fix the problem of leaking oil. Also dealer did all recalls. Some minor electrical glitches which I was able to fix with the help of code reader, and parts from local junk yard. Today the car has 105,000 miles with just oil and gas. Driving often to Vegas 800 Miles one way. It is blast to go over mountains or Utah plains, super AC, plenty of power, Bose music system with CD exchanger is mobile concert hall. In town 19 mpg, out of town 28 mpg. I will go with Seville again even they do not make them anymore.

A nice car
By I LOVE MINE on 08/10/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I've always wanted a caddy but never could afford a new one. So I found this one on Craigs list and fell in love with it. The power is amazing and all the features work well, with the exception of hesitation of the drivers side power window. Maybe I'm a lucky one but this car uses no oil between changes. It has aproximately 129,000 on it at this time. I'm glad they depreciate as they do, otherwise, i would not be able to own a car this nice.

Easy Rider
By Jezk on 06/03/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle brand new and have used it for just short of twelve years. The car rides and performs well, but is expensive to service and maintain. I estimate that to own and operate this car (less gas and tires) over 137 months was $68,500 or roughly $500 per month. All service work was performed by the dealer and the car still performs well with the exception of check transmission and check engine lights which occasionally come on and then go off. From the Edmunds Web site I learned that the fault is a defective "turbine speed input sensor" a $100 part that takes 15 hours of labor to replace at a cost of $3050 or $4000 for a rebuilt transmission.

Great car!
By stsgirl96 on 02/17/08 14:48 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I have a 96 STS pear white. I bought it used with 160,000 miles. I am its 4th owner. I have owned alot of cars and I have to say by far that this one is the best. Yes, maintenance on these are quite expensive, but so are lexus and bmw maintenance. I think this is a great quality car. I have had alot of the same problems as others but I still love this car! Its a personal preferance. Either you love it or you hate it. I love it!

Fabulous Car in All Aspects
By Kent Bennet on 01/23/07 13:09 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Back in '96 I paid $52,000 for this car brand new with all the options and it has been worth every penny. The ride is very smooth and there is hardly any road noise. I really like the exterior styling and the chrome wheels looked nice as well. The interior was possibly my favorite part of the car, heated seats and the Bose system was awesome. The fuel economy was maybe my least favorite part, but the mileage was decent for a V8. The only problems was premature brake wear and a slight burning of oil. I had to add a quart every 3,000 miles. Other than that I had no problems with this car. I hope the new STS I bought will be just as good as this STS Seville. It had 181,000 miles and still ran very well.

Love this Car
By Me on 12/24/06 17:34 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car back in November and am glad that I did. It has so many features you would not expect in a car that is this old. The Northstar is an awesome engine and burns a little oil. The styling of the car is really nice as well.

Very Nice Car
By Dave on 12/23/06 16:03 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car. I was going to buy a newer LS but saw this car for sale and decided to drive it. I was really impressed. Its handling is great and EXTREMELY responsive. The car has 145,000 miles on it and it runs fine. I probably will only have it for another year, but it will keep me satisfied. I might stick with another Cadillac for my next car.

Nice Car
By Freddy L. on 12/09/06 15:55 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I have never had any problems with my Seville except for minor oil burn, about one quart every 1,500 - 2,000 miles. Other than that nothing. This car is extremely responsive and takes high speed turns very well for a 3800 vehicle. The Bose stereo system sounds nice but is not spectacularly loud. The low beam headlights do not have great range, but high beams are fantastically bright.

Great Car
By Arthur on 10/31/06 12:35 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I paid over $45,000 for this car brand new so I hoped that it would be worth it and it was. There are so many features it is amazing and they all work well. The Northstar engine still runs like it is new with 139,000 miles on it. I have been very fortunate and not had any problems with the oil burning.