1996 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Love looks-many problems
By Cheryl on 08/22/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 9000 miles.Bought extended warranty to 86,000 miles (lucky for me.Had engine replaced 40,000 miles-5 truck latches-4 sets of brakes-alarm-6 oxygen sensors-water pump-fuel inject-steering column smoked-heater core-air condition does not work-brakes wear uneven-brake light switch-blinker light switch. Told all problems are common for this car. Maybe we would think about improving.Also ABS and engine light always on now-whats up with that? I love the style and comfort. What a nightmare of a car.I now need to new headlight assemblies that are about $700.00 from Cadillac.I have 179,000 miles on it at this time.Oil use is still more than normal. Mileage 19-20 in town,24-28 on highway.

Great car!
By stsgirl96 on 02/17/08 14:48 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have a 96 STS pear white. I bought it used with 160,000 miles. I am its 4th owner. I have owned alot of cars and I have to say by far that this one is the best. Yes, maintenance on these are quite expensive, but so are lexus and bmw maintenance. I think this is a great quality car. I have had alot of the same problems as others but I still love this car! Its a personal preferance. Either you love it or you hate it. I love it!

Fabulous Car in All Aspects
By Kent Bennet on 01/23/07 13:09 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Back in '96 I paid $52,000 for this car brand new with all the options and it has been worth every penny. The ride is very smooth and there is hardly any road noise. I really like the exterior styling and the chrome wheels looked nice as well. The interior was possibly my favorite part of the car, heated seats and the Bose system was awesome. The fuel economy was maybe my least favorite part, but the mileage was decent for a V8. The only problems was premature brake wear and a slight burning of oil. I had to add a quart every 3,000 miles. Other than that I had no problems with this car. I hope the new STS I bought will be just as good as this STS Seville. It had 181,000 miles and still ran very well.

Love this Car
By Me on 12/24/06 17:34 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car back in November and am glad that I did. It has so many features you would not expect in a car that is this old. The Northstar is an awesome engine and burns a little oil. The styling of the car is really nice as well.

Very Nice Car
By Dave on 12/23/06 16:03 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I just recently bought this car. I was going to buy a newer LS but saw this car for sale and decided to drive it. I was really impressed. Its handling is great and EXTREMELY responsive. The car has 145,000 miles on it and it runs fine. I probably will only have it for another year, but it will keep me satisfied. I might stick with another Cadillac for my next car.

Nice Car
By Freddy L. on 12/09/06 15:55 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have never had any problems with my Seville except for minor oil burn, about one quart every 1,500 - 2,000 miles. Other than that nothing. This car is extremely responsive and takes high speed turns very well for a 3800 vehicle. The Bose stereo system sounds nice but is not spectacularly loud. The low beam headlights do not have great range, but high beams are fantastically bright.

Great Car
By Arthur on 10/31/06 12:35 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I paid over $45,000 for this car brand new so I hoped that it would be worth it and it was. There are so many features it is amazing and they all work well. The Northstar engine still runs like it is new with 139,000 miles on it. I have been very fortunate and not had any problems with the oil burning.

Never Again!!
By MoveOn on 05/01/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I have always loved Cadillacs...until I bought one. This car has been an electrical nightmare! Bought a very clean low mileage Seville STS...I have the ABS, Traction Control, and Check Engine lights on. It needs oil every 1,000 miles, new struts,new bushings, a new oxygen sensor, ABS module...ehh I could go on but you get the idea. Oh and the car only has 58k miles. Toyota here I come!

Great car
By WENCES LOPEZ on 03/06/05 16:08 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

This car has everything that most of people look in a car. (style, name, great sound system,and performance.)

Used 1996 Cadillac Seville STS
By rob42240 on 02/09/05 18:40 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Cadillac Seville STS in 2001 and it had approximately 37,000 miles on it. I also purchased an extended warranty for it for $1,800, which at the time I thought was a little expensive. It actually ended up paying for itself. All of the problems with this car were fairly minor, but they seemed to add up. A water pump went bad and was replaced. One of the power window motors had to be replaced. I had all of the hoses and belts changed out, new brakes put on and I replaced the blower motor for the air conditioning (I wouldn't do it again myself - take my word for it, you don't want to do it). Oh, the compressor for the air conditioner went out and was replaced under the insurance. I have 107,000 miles on the car and I haven't had any problem lately.