Just bought my SECOND SLS!
By akvavit on
1995 Cadillac Seville SLS 4dr Sedan
I fell in love with the Seville the first time I saw on in the mid 1990s. I bought my first, a 1994 SLS in 2002, Blue/Blue, 24k miles, yes 8 years old and 24k miles. Loved the car for 6 years and over 100k miles until it developed a bad engine knock in NWT, Canada. Did not have the funds or service option so I sold it cheap. The only major problem I had with the car was oil leaks, which I have heard is common w/Northstar. Wasted 2-4 grand trying to fix it. Last month I bought my second SLS, a 1995 Green/beige w/carriage top. This one had only 21.4k miles anc cost $5,000. A new Civic at the dealership was $20 grand. No brainer!!
Favorite Features
I am going to drive this one easier than the first, no more 70 to 100 mpg to give the 'finger' to tailgaters on the Interstate. LOL Hopefully this will avoid the oil leaks problem, none so far, and if it does I will just keep some spare quarts in the trunk. This car has been getting 17.6-18 mpg city and expecting 28 mpg on long trips. As soon as I get out of stop an go driving, even on 45-50 mph roads, the average MPG starts to climb! Love the power, mileage, trip computer, heated seats on this one, styling. Oh, EVERYTHING!